I cant believe it my 7 week old cockeral attacked me!!!!!

happyhens44

BroodyAddict
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Northern WI
Wow feisty already, Hes a 2nd generation red sex link. I put my hand in the tub of chicks to give them food and he runs at my hand and bites it, I want to feed him to my cat sooo bad right now, OHHH WELLL jk im not keeping him
tongue.png

Last edited:
No I have not, Hes not very "tame" because Ive been so busy lately between school, 2 sick chickens, The main fock, Homework and family I havent held them too much yet. I dont know it seemed like he was trying to be a poophead. Because I diddent have food in my hand I just put my hand down there and he bit it.

Chicken.Lytle :

Suggest you have a look at my Handling Rooster Aggression page. It ought to keep him in line until you eliminate the problem.

Im not to worried, because I will not be keeping him, Nor the other cockeral with him
smile.png
thanks though. I have some buff orpington eggs comming in the mail, and im hoping to get 1 cockeral or 2 for my flock to keep. Not the red sex link, because there known for there behavior.

Oh By the way, I read it. Nice tips
thumbsup.gif
Ill use this when I have agrgressive rooster im planning on keeping
big_smile.png

Last edited:
At that age, he's just testing boundaries. If you grab him up, clamp your fingers on his little beak for a few seconds and carry him around, that usually breaks the young ones because they are not dealing with raging hormones yet. Even my sweet, calm, mama-loving Isaac did the biting thing when he was about 13 weeks old. Doing that to him twice broke him of that bad habit and he hasn't done it since. Had another BR cockerel who did the biting thing at 8 weeks and that holding the beak and carrying him around broke him in two tries.

The main difference is the age, remember. I completely think that most that are really not destined to become human aggressive can be easily broken of it when very young, before the hormones kick in and before they are mating the ladies.

Quote:
Thanks for he tip
smile.png
Ill try that on my buff cockerals ill be hatching (If everything goes well)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom