I can't get a scary movie out of my mind

LOL I grew up with horror, And it doesnt bother me at all. At least in a horror flick you know who the monster is. Read the paper or watch the news for real fear. Real monsters look like us could be your neighbor or your own mate. Now thats scarry

We just last night watched that movie "Law Abiding Citizen" DH and I agreed with the first two revenges (eye for an eye) BUT the rest of the killings just didnt seem "right to me" If killing can ever be right anyway as far as horror movies go, one like Freddy Kruger dont bother me, its the ones that CAN happen that bother me!

I am NOT scared of horror movies, we are HUGELY into the Halloween movies, we have TONS of Halloween memorabilia and our 4yr old daughter can tell you who Michael Myers, Jason Vorhees is, but the thing that gets me is the stinking alarm commercials showing women having their homes busted in while there alone or with their children! We have 3 dogs, and guns so I dont worry to much about us but still it gets to ya.....

Two movies that disturbed me...

Eye for An Eye and Vacancy - after Vacancy, I went around the house and made sure each window/door was locked, looked under my bed, in the tubs, shower, closets etc...freaked me OUT.

Quote:
now see Vacancy got to me because that CAN happen! I didnt like that movie AT ALL! And I love that actor ugh! I like boogie man type movies better than "true to life" ones!

I dont think I have ever seen Eye for an Eye unless wait yep I think I have seen it, has it been on SYFY alot lately? Where the deranged man lives in an old hotel and kills the teens?

I stopped watching scary movies and reading scary books when I'm at work (I do pediatric home health at night). It got to the point where I couldn't even go to the bathroom without being freaked out. Things like that never used to bother me, but well now they do
hide.gif

The Mothman Prophesies was the last scary movie I watched at work. I couldn't walk by a mirror without having my heart race after that!

Eye for an Eye is from 96 with Sally Field, Keifer Sutherland and Ed Harris - Sally Field is on the phone with her daughter when she hears the doorbell ring (she's out of the house and the daughter is prepping for a birthday party). She asks her mom (Sally Field) to hang on while she gets the door and Sally Field's character hears her daughter being raped and killed by the guy (keifer Sutherland) She's out for revenge. Just raw. Stuff that does happen......SCARY stuff.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116260/

I used to watch this stuff too when I was younger, and it never fazed me. Now, I can't stand some of what they put out! My son has all of the saw movies and even my DH watches them, but me no way! I'll find something else to do thank you.

The last movie that freaked me out pretty bad was, "The Hitcher".
ep.gif

I love that movie! it's sad though.. Go Sally Field!
lol.png
I thought the strangers was really gooda. and the Last House on the Left as well.
smile.png

I love horror movies! Especially Japanese Horror! Don't much care for the ones with all the killings like the friday the 13's parts 1 ~ 50.... I love a good Ghost Story! The Others.... The Ring, The Changling (from The 70's) What scares me the most however.... Is the news! Always had!
tongue.png

maybe the darn thing just made me realize how much I love my family. I locked up tonight. My son was out walking. And he knocked on the door and my 14 year old daughter goes to answer the door and I said ask who it is first. She didn't and opened the door and said there was still the glass door behind that was locked and I said, so you could live for another 3 seconds while they broke the glass? I feel like adding more security. Really the news scares me a lot too. We have the criminals and then the politicians are trying to mess everything up and thats going to create more criminals.....so....

Back
Top Bottom