I cant get the humidity down!!! HELP!!!

I would recommend calibrating any hygrometer. Put half cup of salt in a cup with quarter cup of water (should be like wet sand consistency) put cup and hygrometer in a large plastic bag, seal bag and wait 10-12 hours. The hygrometer should say 75% humidity. If it says anything else, you know which way to adjust when you're using it; if it says 70% add 5% each time you read it.

That was from another thread on here. That is how I do mine except I usually wait 24hrs before reading the hygrometer. I have those digital ones from walmart that are like 8bucks so when I calibrate the I write how far off they are with a permanent marker above the humidity reading. The one I am using right now says -10 because it reads 10% lower than what it actually is!

Quote:
I seen that on here the other day somewhere and thought I would give it a try for this next lockdown on the 18th of this month.

Do it!!! I am incubating ducks now and they require more humidity, and I live in a VERY dry climate and I able to maintain 60%.

I definitely will, but the ongoing question is my mind is wings or no wings...
gig.gif

Quote:
Do it!!! I am incubating ducks now and they require more humidity, and I live in a VERY dry climate and I able to maintain 60%.

gig.gif

yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Quote:

gig.gif

For birds, definitely wings!
lau.gif

Quote:
gig.gif

For birds, definitely wings!
lau.gif

I asked this question on another topic which had the same statement.... Does using Feminine Products help into hatching a larger female to male ratio?
lau.gif

Wings or no wings-lol:lol: Humidity is at 60 and staying-phew!!! Wondering- I bought some eggs off ebay and they are on day 10-there sure is a lot of "air" in those eggs-they are developing but half the egg is empty-rest of my eggs in the same bator are fine-Do they have a chance to make it?

Let me guess....you have a towel or something else under your incubator? I noticed after I bought mine that there is very little room under the incubator for the air holes in the bottom to "breath". Today, I propped it up with medicine bottle caps I have. Now it has lots of room under it to breathe. Since I did that, the humidity level is where it's supposed to be and the temp doesn't swing as much as before. I just did that today, so I can't really tell you I have solved it completely, but it sure looks good so far.

Kurt

Back
Top Bottom