I Can't Get This Right...

I just can't win.

So tonight, I was soaking Figgy when I noticed a MITE in her feathers. Good gravy. I can't win for losing, can I?

So now I have yo clean out the entire coop again and treat everyone and everything. This after I just cleaned last week to make the environment healthier for their feet.

And one of my goats has scours.

And my dog's pancreatitis is back.

I need a break.

(I needed a pity party for a minute there. I'm ok. Just frustrated and feeling guilty).

:old :hugs,, it will get better:highfive:
I know it will. I just want to get back to a point where I can enjoy being with my animals instead of putting out fires.

I'll treat everyone tomorrow and clean out/disinfect/treat the whole dang coop. Again. And then I'll do it again in a few days. Yay.

And hubby and I are supposed to clean out the garage tomorrow. He's going to be mad that the coop will have to take priority...

Are you going to use permethrin,?? I never used it, but when I cleaned out my coop for usual reasons,,, I sprayed the inside of coop and everywhere else with Laundry bleach. I used the stream option on the nozzle rather than spray. I did it quickly, and split the scene. Wear a mask,, and avoid breathing the fumes prolonged period of time. After things dry up,,, which is not very long,,,,, bleach smell subsides,,,,, your coop is sanitized. :old :thumbsup

Are you going to use permethrin,?? I never used it, but when I cleaned out my coop for usual reasons,,, I sprayed the inside of coop and everywhere else with Laundry bleach. I used the stream option on the nozzle rather than spray. I did it quickly, and split the scene. Wear a mask,, and avoid breathing the fumes prolonged period of time. After things dry up,,, which is not very long,,,,, bleach smell subsides,,,,, your coop is sanitized. :old :thumbsup
Yeah, I'm using permethrin. I have dome on hand. And I'll treat the birds eight it, too.

But I use diluted bleach when I do my spring and fall cleanings. I also lime wash the inside periodically.

I know it will. I just want to get back to a point where I can enjoy being with my animals instead of putting out fires.

I'll treat everyone tomorrow and clean out/disinfect/treat the whole dang coop. Again. And then I'll do it again in a few days. Yay.

And hubby and I are supposed to clean out the garage tomorrow. He's going to be mad that the coop will have to take priority...
I know what you mean. When it rains, it pours. Sometimes I feel like I am playing wack a mole. When there is no issues going on, it doesn't seem to last long. If it's not animals, it's the car, or something else. You are not alone.

Good luck with the clean up.

HELP:

I've not dealt with mites before. I emptied my coop completely and sprayed the hell out of it with permethrin (following package directions, of course). Now I'm tackling the run.

How empty do I need to get the run? Its, like, 300 sq ft with a dirt/forest floor, and I've been using g the deep litter method. I've been at it for HOURS. I've filled ten 33 gal bags, amd I'm about 2/3 of the way there.

If I spray the hell out of it and add poultry dust then layer on the new substrate, am I good? Or do I need to empty the whole effing thing?

I'm filthy and exhausted.

Did what I could in the run. I got it mostly emptied. Then I put down some dust, added shavings, and put down more dust. Then I treated the birds with Ivermectin. I did ivermectin because it was easier, tbh. I'll follow up within the week, and one for time after that.

I'm not very sure,,,, so look into this,, You may need to not use your eggs after using Ivermectin. (not sure duration of time ether) Also I understand that there are topical versions as well as ingest-able type??:idunno
Read label on product. I never dealt with Ivermectin

Back
Top Bottom