I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE--NEW Fuzz Butt PICS - (((INTERVENTION PICS)))

Congratulations!
Hatchedchick.jpg

Here's the scoop.
We now have 9 fuzzy butts.
jumpy.gif

Still have 2 pipped and 3 unpipped -- the 1 that first pipped is still doing ok in its shell.

Here are just a couple of pics until i can get better ones once in the brooder.

maraneggmore1sthatch010.jpg

maraneggmore1sthatch013-Copy.jpg

maraneggmore1sthatch015-Copy.jpg

maraneggmore1sthatch037-Copy.jpg

SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU....
big_smile.png
! that is awesome, thanks for the pics!! you are now at fault for giving me heart palpitations though. I have my first ever batch in the bator and they are due on sat. I just can't stop going to the bator and looking into it expecting to see something. I know, I know, something wrong with me, but it's like an uncontrollable urge!! lol hope your day brings more fuzz butts happy and healthy too oh, I forgot Lord make them FEMALES

Thank you, Thank you

The waiting seems to take FOREVER. I think it was worse than waiting for child birth
lol.png

I unfortunately have to work today so I will be away from the bator for 10 hours
barnie.gif

sad.png

Hopefully I will come home to a few more chicks (hopefully one of my 2 lone BO will hatch finally has a pip)
big_smile.png

How lovely! Congrats. You will be so preoccupied today! Hope your day goes quickly and you get back home to see wonderful fluffy butts hopping around.

Update: I now have 10 cute fuzzy butts. One of my 2 buff orpington eggs hatched...so i have 9 black/grey/white and 1 cutie pie yellow.
big_smile.png

As for the chick that was stuck in the shell for 48 hours.... I call hubby from work and be said the chick was not breathing to good and still no progress getting out of the shell. (I had tried to help last night by removing the outter shell and leaving the membrane but this poor chick wouldn't budge.)
Today my husband tried to remove the membrane and shell but the chick was just totally stuck and not doing well. I told him to wait til I got home and then we would do what we had to do it need be. Well I decided I was going to give it a whirl and set out my Operating Room. Slowly I submerged the base of the egg in warm water while dipping q-tip in warm water all around the membrane. Very slowly it began to come unstuck. Pullying back and clipping membrane as the chick finally started to get lively. Starting to chirp angain for the first time in hours and squirming in the egg shell. One last bit of loosening up and the chick finally became free. A little bit of blood started to drip from its bottom. I quickly place it back into the incubator. I am not sure if it will survive but I had to try something before culling it. I will post of few pics shortly.

Last edited:
Thanks...the chick appears to be doing alot better.....losts of chirping. Having a hard time walking tho...feet are a bit curled. I am going to try and splint the feet but I figure I will wait until morning....Poor little one has been through enough the past 3 days.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom