I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE--NEW Fuzz Butt PICS - (((INTERVENTION PICS)))

Just got a nice big HEALTHY looking Green poop from the chickie. I am taking that as a good sign. I just wished he could walk a bit easier.....but i will fix that tomorrow
big_smile.png

Love the new fluffy butts you have. Nice pic's too!!

Just wanted to say good job on the intervention!! I had to help 1 out of the shell during my last hatch and he/she made it so, hopefully yours will too!!

Checked on my chick this morning and he/she is doing well. Needs a bath tho.....fluff not so fluffly do to all the membrane goo drying up on him/her. I am going to attempt to clean it up a bit when I try splinting the feet later this AM. i'll try and take a few new pics.
big_smile.png

Quote:
MP...when you say sticky chicks do you mean sticky being still moist? Because he/she is totally dry and the fluff it stuck to itself. Like when you would use hair gel. Very stiff.

Quote:
I found that out a few weeks ago. I helped one of mine too, not to the extent that you needed to, but still had a somewhat messy chick afterward. It was days before the down on her back fluffed out and didn't look icky. But it did and she looks fine now. Don't know if it is a coincidence but this chicks has been slower to develop feathers than the other two. They're all different breeds so it's hard to know. She has grown larger at the same rate, eats more often than the other two. But her wing feathers are taking much longer to come in.
Oh well, congratulations on your hatch! Your pictures are incredible!

Back
Top Bottom