I Cant Touch My Chicks

Chicken-Lover23

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 1, 2012
So I have 2, two week old black silkies(Midnight and Raven), a 3day old white silkie(Winter) and a 3day old partridge silkie(Wingnut). Raven, Midnight and Winter wont let me touch them. They run around chirrping when I try. Are they scared of me or what? What should I do? Thanks

I have a black silkie and a Phoenix that are a few days old. The day I got them I wrapped them up in a baby blanket with their heads out and just sat with them on my lap, rubbed their heads while the heat vent blew on them and they both stopped chirping and fell asleep it was the coolest thing. The Phoenix is already super attached to me and starts chirping really loud when i walk out of the room, and will jump on my leg when I'm sitting on the ground. The silkie still isn't that interested in me picking her up yet, but I'm working on it
smile.png

My first flock of 26 pullets were psycho as chicks, I could not get anywhere near them.

So I just spend time watching them and gradually they came to trust me. I never gave them any treats or anything I was just there. As they grew and especially as they reached egg laying age they became much more affectionate.

Being crazy fearful as chicks doesn't mean they won't like you. Keep hope. :)

Back
Top Bottom