I CANT WAIT ANYMORE FOR THESE EGGS!!!!!

Mine is singing the laying song so I have one that should not be far off. It is the White Leghorn I call Legs. The other two just are not ready yet. They are still losing feathers and have wax on the ones coming in. I will just have to be patient. Thank you for all the tips and advice. Special thanks to the member who gave personal attention to my pics. Back to finishing up the bigger coop before our snow hits.

Forgot to update!!!

I got my first toffee coloured with dark speckles Marans egg at the weekend. Not able to post photos but you will have to believe me that it was gorgeous and well worth the wait. Tasted pretty good too!
The next wait is for my first Welsummer egg and my homebred farmyard mutt pullets eggs. Two of them were showing an interest in an unofficial nest in the hay shed a few days ago so fingers crossed, it won't be long. I'm hoping they will lay blue/green eggs as their father is a Cream Legbar.

We got our first egg!!!!!!!!

That is a gorgeous first egg. Congratulations.

Delighted to report that one of my home bred farmyard mutts laid her first egg yesterday and it was blue as I had hoped. Unfortunately it was also covered in muddy marks as she had been paddling around in the mud before she laid it. It was in an unofficial nest in one of the open fronted sheds that I had seen them showing interest in One of them has been up into it this morning but not laid anything. There are 6 of these barred mutt pullets that are 23.5 weeks old. I can't tell them apart so I don't know which one has laid it but there are 3 that have much redder faces than the others so I'm assuming it was one of them and hopefully the other 2 will follow her lead and start laying soon too.

Back
Top Bottom