I decided not to sell chickens because....

Charon

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 10, 2011
Drummond, OK
Freaks were calling me. I went thru about 5 people saying they would buy then asking me how far it was from their town to mine. Well you are on the computer also you wouldnt get on mapquest or something and look before you called me? Then I look "oh 90 miles that too far" The last 2 were asking me as these are game chickens about how well they fight. "chickens fighting is illegal in all 50 states" I say. The last guy said he was sorry he had just moved from Mexico and didnt know. Even though he had an eastern oklahoma accent and spoke english perfectly. In the ad I said use for legal purposes only! So I guess I am keeping them. When I sold other chicken breeds I got people who wanted some chickens for their yard. Mostly women who wanted fresh eggs. This breed these games are attracting strange people. So I guess these games are staying with me lol.

You could always try selling them here in the BYC auctions. We're a little more sane than the average folk.
tongue2.gif
D.gif
tongue2.gif

I guess I got lucky and a homeschooling mom who already had hens answered my first ever chicken offering on craigs. I am so glad I did not get weirdos. I hope you can find a decent buyer. I noticed a board at the feed store that had animals listed.Maybe that would be an option.

I did lol I had a listing here I had my phone number on it. I really wasnt sure who was calling from seeing it from here or craigslist. People well some who called seemed more like they were bored or lonely and wanted to talk on the phone. I just dont like caging chickens and driving 100 mi paying for a stall then hope someone will buy. i might do that instead though.

Or just post them as pretty roosters and ask serious people to inquire about the breed. When I was selling on Craigslist, there were lots of weird people who called me, but I also had some good luck too. Just always remember to meet them at a location other than your house!

I used to show dogs and stopped breeding because potential buyers were so strange and good homes were so difficult to find. Because I've already done my time of trying to deal with the public, I don't want to deal with them any more and I keep the number of my birds down to the point where my family can eat the ones I don't want to keep. That means limiting hatching.

See this is kind why I wanted to sell I enjoy hatching them so much. I guess I will just hatch from the flock I was trying to sell then sell the chicks maybe. 4 months old I am only seeing 3 cockrels out of 18 really couldnt have asked for better odds. two bloodlines so no inbreeding. Maybe I will hatch and sell the chicks at the swap meet.

Back
Top Bottom