I did something stupid....separated my top rooster for 3 days now they are fighting

No, he is pretty beat up. Bloody comb and eye is swollen shut. I am afraid to put them together while I am at work during the day this week.

I don't know much about rooster behavior, but when he backed down it seemed like it should be over. What is with the extreme bulling? I am hoping when I reintroduce him in a week or it will be better. I will try spraying them with apple cider vinegar.
is there a way to isolate him within the chicken area? perhaps in a dog kennel? so they can keep looking at each other for a few days before being re-released?

I have him in a small coop up against the fenced chicken area. The Roos can see each other. I will leave him for about a week, then try to slowly reintroduce,

Old post that I found, and I wanted to share my outcome.......

I separated my top rooster for a few days because of frostbite. When I put the whole flock back together my 2 roosters started fighting - rolling on the ground with no one giving up.

I took them out and caged them separately until dark. We put them on the roost, let them settle in, and then turned the light off. I made sure I was out there when the light came on the next morning, but all was well. The top rooster chased the other around, and he ran. They're doing fine now. Whew!!

In case someone else searches for this, I'd suggest trying this as soon as possible. It apparently doesn't take much time for roosters to forget their "agreement" once separated.

Back
Top Bottom