I don’t know what else to do for my hen - had mites, dewormed, still sick

Thank you all for your thoughts and help. I went to go check on her this afternoon and she had passed. At least she got to have the sun dappling her todayI buried her and said a prayer. First death on our homestead and although I am sad, it is all a part of life. I learned a lot from her death.

View attachment 2556287
special thank you to @Wyorp Rock for your help on this thread and my last
You did your best for her!

You did your best for her!
Thank you. I feel that if I were to see these symptoms again I would cull myself as I was planning on doing so tomorrow if she was still alive and continuing to look ill. I just wanted to give her a chance after spraying multiple times for mites and deworming to see if she would get her appetite back.

Thank you. I feel that if I were to see these symptoms again I would cull myself as I was planning on doing so tomorrow if she was still alive and continuing to look ill. I just wanted to give her a chance after spraying multiple times for mites and deworming to see if she would get her appetite back.
Yes, It is best to cull them when they get like that and at her age.

Chickens do not show pain until it is very painful. It is prey behaviour so that they do not look week to a predator.

Yes, It is best to cull them when they get like that and at her age.

Chickens do not show pain until it is very painful. It is prey behaviour so that they do not look week to a predator.
Yeah it was hard to say her exact age though because I didn’t know when I got them, but yeah next time I would do it differently

Thank you all for your thoughts and help. I went to go check on her this afternoon and she had passed. At least she got to have the sun dappling her todayI buried her and said a prayer. First death on our homestead and although I am sad, it is all a part of life. I learned a lot from her death.

View attachment 2556287
special thank you to @Wyorp Rock for your help on this thread and my last
:hugsI'm sorry about your hen

Back
Top Bottom