I don’t think I can do it!

Yucca quail

Chirping
Apr 4, 2020
I have quail for meat and eggs.. but I don’t know I can actually.. do the deed for the meat part! Killing the quail then processing? How did you get passed it? I have too many males and I was thinking about processing one of the really small females. But how??? 😓😓

You're in the same situation I was in a year ago. I tried to find someone who could do it for me, and just couldn't find anyone, so I started to psych myself up to do the deed while my birds were still chicks. I watched videos. I talked to people here about it. If you can, find someone who can do it with you the first time.

This is paying the true price of eating meat. Unless you're planning on becoming a vegetarian, you are responsible for the life of the creature you eat. This way you know that you gave that creature the best life you could for its sacrifice.

It's never fun, but you can do it.

Maybe I’ll ask my dad.. he is a hunter and he has processed lots of birds. I just don’t know if I can get over the emotional part of it🤨 I love my quail. 😂 I’ve done fish and a rabbit.. anyone else have a tough time in the beginning? Does it get easier emotionally??😝
You have more experience than I did. I'd never even done fish or rabbit. It was hard, but I did it.

You're in the same situation I was in a year ago. I tried to find someone who could do it for me, and just couldn't find anyone, so I started to psych myself up to do the deed while my birds were still chicks. I watched videos. I talked to people here about it. If you can, find someone who can do it with you the first time.

This is paying the true price of eating meat. Unless you're planning on becoming a vegetarian, you are responsible for the life of the creature you eat. This way you know that you gave that creature the best life you could for its sacrifice.

It's never fun, but you can do it.
That’s the way I look at it. Also, If I can’t handle doing these things myself then I don’t feel like I have a right to eat meat! I feel that people disconnect themselves from the actual animal when they’re buying it from the grocery store😂 I know that my Quail are super happy. I still feel guilt though🤨

Back
Top Bottom