I dont realy know what is this but pls help.

tatabubico

Hatching
Jun 23, 2021
Durleşti, Moldova
I bought some chickens, I'm not sure if that's the name of the disease but I think they had coryosis, now everything is fine, today I see this in the rooster's mouth. 20210623_154347.jpg

I think they had coryosis
Googled this and got nothing...misspelling?
Are they all like that @tatabubico?

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1624459679039.png

Googled this and got nothing...misspelling?
Are they all like that @tatabubico?

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 2731407
Sorry ,its coryza,
Only this rooster has this
And i updated my account, i am from Durleşti, Moldova

I bought some chickens, I'm not sure if that's the name of the disease but I think they had coryosis, now everything is fine, today I see this in the rooster's mouth.View attachment 2731319
Was it like that when you got her?

I would say it's a reaction to a sting or bite, not infectious Coryza which is a respiratory disease.
If vet care is available, then see if they can help.
I've never seen anyone post about being able to treat this successfully, even with vet care, but there's always a first.

The bird will be unable to eat/drink and the swelling will make it difficult to syringe fluids.
Some folks have tried Benadryl to see if they can get it to shrink.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...d-organ-hanging-from-the-mouth-tumor.1170982/
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/sick-chicken.1204267/#post-19096195

Is the large bulbous thing part of the tongue? I would also say that is some sort of sting or bite that has caused severe swelling. Does he seem to be breathing okay? He obviously cannot eat or drink like that. Do you have diphenhydramine or Benadryl for allergies? 12.5 mg would be safe to give once to see if swelling goes down.

Oh my goodness! That doesn't look good at all. Did she have that when you picked her up, or did it happen after you picked her up. I don't have experience with anything like this, but the above members are very experienced so I would trust their advice. Good luck with your baby, so glad she is in your hands so she can be cared for.
Ps. She's a hen not a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom