I feel like being EVIL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCord6

Away
10 Years
Sep 9, 2009
Lake Butler (Union County)
8am this morning, FIL showed up, UNEXPECTED, to pick up Hubby (I know he was going to pick hubby up today but not expecting him at the TIME!) to do some jobs somewhere in town for money. I was still in PJ, on the computer posting stuff on Craigslist and working on my webpage for AVON. I was a MESS because I JUST WOKE UP! The house wasn't a big deal, just had a mails and kids school stuff (fridays they bring home ALOT of papers. My Friend went ahead and gave me their backpacks after school yesterday) piled up on the coffee table, Hubby's shirt from last night was on the back of the couch, his socks with his shoes in front of the couch and we had a TV table out with our dinner dishes from last night (didn't have a chance to get to ALL of the dishes cuz Im still catching up on 2 days worth!). FIL had a fit! started yelling at me that the house was a FILTH. HUH? it wasn't a big deal! Something that can be picked up in less then 5 minutes and mind you, it's 8 in the MORNING! The day haven't really started for us yet! HUbby was still in BED! He kept going on about me being irresponsible and NEVER (yes he said NEVER) cleaning the house. I was like WTHECK?! I told him tha tthe house is always clean, just maybe we got a few things that need to be picked up in the morning. He then started yelling at me about the front yard and porch being a mess (Yes I agree with him, it's BAD! but that's hubby's job not MINE!) I told him that I forcus on the INSIDE of the house, I keep up with that and all. The outside he needs to yell at another person, NOT ME! Im busy with everything inside plus Im close to being due and everything outside is OFF LIMIT for me right now. He said I don't have any excuses, I SHOULD be the one to do BOTH inside and OUTSIDE! WTHECK!

So...Im feeling like being evil right now. He is complaining about small things that need to be picked up inside...hhhhhmmmmmm..... I have the kids later around noon....I'm thinking of letting the kids really, and I mean REALLY make this house a mess just to make him MAD. But Im also thinking, do I really want to ruin my hard work all week of spotlessing the house? Darn, wish there was a way to really give him something to complain about.

You could have had him complain about how cold it was outside where he would have been waiting for your husband to get out of bed after you threw him out of your 'filthy' house!!!!
tongue.png

Well its YOUR house (hubby and yours) so why would it be such a big deal for him? If he does not like it, he does not have to step foot inside the house. He can just stand outside and wait for hubby to get up.

Ar'nt you the woman who is pregnant and close to delivery? who has her own children living with friends because of the electricity?And you are being YELLED at? It sounds to me like you are under enough stress already. I think he sounds like a chauvinist jerk. I'd be telling DH he needs to do something before a gasket blows. Heres a hug
hugs.gif
now tell your husband that something may happen if he dos'nt take charge lol

Your husband needs to set him straight and inform his father he can't speak to you in that manner. Its none of his business and he had no right to say anything to you especially because there was nothing for him to complain about.

don't let the kids make a mess, because you will just have to clean it eventually

I agree with the previous post, make him wait outside from now on.

I have plenty of experience with FIL's that have foot-in-mouth disease. Luckily we live 800 miles away, but even when we lived close (like 4 hours apart) I always knew when he was coming and could prepare for the verbal vomit.

No need to be evil, just give him clear boundaries that you and your husband agree upon, including the consequences if he ignores the boundaries. When my FIL cursed at me over and over in regular conversation, my DH took him aside and said, "No more." Gently ask your husband to protect you from his father. Remind him he's your knight in shining armor and that sometimes you need protection from his dad.

Quote:
I agree, its the boundaries that needs to be established. Your hubby should stand up for you and not to talk to you in that manner. If your husband can not or will not speak to his father, then it would be up to you to stand up and tell him off like it is. And you need to speak with hubby about needing his support more than ever.

I hope you were not planning to name this baby after that jerk. From now on he should not be able to come to your house until he apologizes at your husbands request! Jerk Big Jerk

I keep reading your posts and I just can't imagine this crap you're going through. Baby due soon. FIL a jerk. DH not standing up for you ??????I just don't get it. It is your life. Your DH's and yours. The FIL does not live with you so what the heck does he care!?!?!?!?!? I would be very upset too. This is not the time to be stressing. This is the nesting stage. And this is NOT the 50's. If it's such a big deal to your FIL maybe he shouold tell his son to get off his butt and help you. After all.....he lives there too.

Please don't get me wrong. Maybe your DH does help, but obviously your FIL doesn't have a clue how hard it is to have kids, a DH, and a baby on the way, and run a household, and clean it and shop for food and going to P/T meetings and taking kids here and there, appointments and sports or activities and everything else that goes with having your OWN family.

I was completely useless during the end of my pregs. I just laid there, I swear.
roll.png

And.....maybe the dear FIL needs to wait on the porch from now on. Why does he need to come in anyway if all he does is complain.

Is he devourced from the MIL????Or has she passed on???? What's the deal there???? Maybe a millitary man????That could explain a lot really.

Try not to stress over him. You want that baby healthy and not too early. And talk to DH and have him tell HIS FATHER to not interfere in his life and his lifestyle and his famliy. And to remind his dad that he alreary raised his own famliy and now it's time to raise his own. After all, I'm sure that FIL's dad did not interfere like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom