I feel like being EVIL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be fair though..if he is helping you get your electric back on, maybe he feels that he should voice his opinions about the situation..he might really be concerned, especially since you have had to let your children live elsewhere for the time being..i would cut him some slack.

I don't care if he was paying the mortgage! My DH would never let his father speak to me like that in my own house.

Sorry sweetthing but you need to tell your DH to man up.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe so but i know that if i were paying bills for adult children, i would definitely speak my mind about the situation..especially if kids were involved.

Quote:
That's what he said. Since he paid the electric bill, we need to have the house the way he wants it. He only paid $50 of it out of a total of $241 that was needed to be paid. Hubby said he will talk to him while they are out. Hubby is also going to get the boot up his butt about the porch and yard, believe me, FIL isn't the only one that been snapping about the front yard, I have been too. I don't think there is any gaskets left in the world to replace the ones that I have already blown this week. Poor hubby, I know he's trying but my temper is very very short fused this week. I jumped all over him for getting the rear end of the truck before turning the lights back on, he said he had to do something, if he can't get the electric on, at least he can get back to work to get them back on. I also blew about the yard... I even went around and started making a list of things to sell on Craigslist out of everything out there (It was a 2 page long list, that's BAD!). I even jumped all over him about FIL's van that is still sitting in my yard and doesn't run and it been there for a while, also his stepmom's car that is in the front of the property, my landlady's side of the property. I also went on about the big toolbox that is sitting in the yard that fits over the bed of the truck (fits the ENTIRE bed of the truck, had 4 "cubbies" on the side and open the back of it and more things can be put in the bed of the truck, nice but it's in the middle of MY YARD!). I also went on about FIL's toolbox (another truck tool box, large silver one that fits behind the cab, on the bed of the truck, I think you know what Im talking about) that is on my porch still. Also about the many other things that litter the yard. I just had the porch cleaned up a while ago. I just added a few boxes out there and told hubby to put in the barn but still hasn't and now the dogs have gotten into them and everything is EVERYWHERE. I don't know if Im putting too much on him but things do need to get done!

WOW! Already 12:30 and I have gotten 20 email requests for the stuff I have posted on craigslist. ALot of stuff are going TODAY! I wanted to have a yard sale but no chance. Cyber yard sale sounds good!

well that sucks...cant you tell your husband to quit being lazy and get up and do something?? i mean, you are about to give birth and he needs to at least help around the house if hes not going to work. maybe your father in law is sick of him not doing anything. you shouldnt have to worry about anything right now, he should be making sure everything is in order and taken care of so that you can have your baby in peace.

hugs.gif

Your FIL doesn't respect you. That's too bad. Hope DH deals with it.

Mccord..your hubby NEEDS to step up and be a responsible man. You have children you are responsible for now..and another on the way! Period. Sorry..you have TOO much on JUST you right now..
also..tell your FIL HE raised a poor excuse of a lazy son ..that ought to make him think the next time he wants to blame you for everything..he needs to look at his OWN sons faults.. for crying out loud...your DH didnt even know your due date!!!! (he was MONTHS off..).... give me a break...
rant.gif

Want me to come talk to them?? I'll set them straight..
smack.gif

Last edited:
Until you cut the cord financially from your FIL he'll more than likely contnue to treat you and your husband as children. Since I'm not there when he's talking to you I don't have any idea if it's as bad as you make it sound or not. The fact is you and your husband have chosen to bring soon to be 4 children into this world. It is not your FIL's job to make sure they have a roof over their heads and food on the table....it is yours. If I were him I would be pretty upset with you too. Probably really doesn't have anything to do with how messy your house is, or isn't. He's probably tired of shelling out money because you and your husband haven't stepped up to the plate. Don't go asking for money....don't take it if it's offered. Show him you're adults and he might actually start treating you like one.

Hats off to you, Mcord. You know what you shoud say? "If you don't like how my house looks, don't go in it. Go wait outside until your son's ready. It's that simple."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom