I finally got a couple of geese! Pictures included :)

fowltemptress

Frugal Fan Club President
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 20, 2008
Nope
It's been almost two decades since I last owned geese, which wasn't the greatest experience . . . while Mom and I were gone a week visiting family, my ex-dad decided to release my geese on some random city pond. He refused to tell my mother where, and she spent a long time trying to find them with no luck. I was about 12 or so and it was pretty traumatizing for me, enough so that I didn't attempt to raise any waterfowl for a long time.

Fast forward several years . . . I married someone who is, if anything, a poultry enabler, and who can't even comprehend the thought process that would go behind a stunt like the one my ex-dad pulled. So 1 year ago I decided I was getting myself some geese again, a few months later I've set on the breed I want, more months spent waiting to be able to place an order, another month or so for that order to be shipped, and . . . "ding, dong!"

Me- "DEAR GOD, HONEY, IT'S THE MAIL! THEY'RE HERE, THEY'RE HERE!"
Him- Stop screaming and get the door.

And so, I present to you Cuddy and Hobbes.
5879_dsc_7799.jpg

5879_dsc_7784.jpg

When we first took them out it really subdued me, because they brought back memories of my former geese, and how, given a long life, they would still be with me if circumstances had been different. I'm working my way back up into the ultra, almost-too-excited mood again, though.
wee.gif

They're both female Pilgrims. I decided against a pair because I really have no desire for hatching eggs, but the possibility of eggs in general is always welcome . . . plus I just like the female Pilgrim coloring.
smile.png

Growing up fast . . .
5879_heather_alex_wedding-9964.jpg

Last edited:
You echoed my first thoughts.
smile.png

My goodness, I had forgotten how much fluffier they are than chicks!

woooohooo!!!! Your babies are adorable! I love my goslings...someone wanted to buy a few of the 8 a few days ago and I just could not sell them...they wanted to EAT them...gag sputter:sick

Last edited:
Those of us who are Geese Lovers are Very Blessed to have Hubbys so Wonderful. (my Hubby is also a Geese, Chicken, Goat, Llama & Alpaca enabler, lol)....now the pheasants, they're his, I just take care of them for him, lol.

How aweful to have lost Geese so tragicly & suddenly.
sad.png
But CONGRATULATONS on your new fluffy butts!
clap.gif
celebrate.gif
I LOVE the 2nd closeup photo, looks like it could be the front of a "Hello" greeting card.
smile.png

Quote:
How aweful!
ep.gif
Glad you 'saved' them from that fate. My Hubby jokes about my original pair once in awhile & calls them "Lunch" & "Dinner" but he only jokes. He'd never be serious. But even so, that's probably why every now & then they give him a hiss, while they're Never hissed at me, lol.
lau.gif

edited cuz I can't spell.
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom