I found him hanging....pics

Great idea with the t-shirt! I will do that tomorrow. When I got home tonight he had pulled his head inside the box and seems to be sleeping comfortably. It has to feel better inside than the 12 degrees foretasted for outside. I bet some of the other roos and hens wish they were injured! So anyhow--thanks for all the well wishes--I will keep you all posted on his progress. I will pick up the vitamin E for him tomorrow--he has electrolytes in his water for now...I hope you all are right that all he needs is time! Thanks for all the suggestions! Terri O

I think the "High Life" box is kinda classy. A cock-in-the-box. Maybe you can put some Christmas wrapping paper on there with a ribbon. Oh boy, I'm sorry, but I can't stop laughing. It is making me feel bad.

Seriously though, I hope he heals up to be good as new. He is lucky he has you.

Quote:
Ha--you have made me laugh in the midst of a bad situation! Thank you! My dogs are going wild with him in the kitchen...I am having BIG glass of wine! Alas the beer is gone to the birds...
lau.gif
T

Quote:
I did trim the spurs about a half inch back and quicked both of them. I put cornstarch on to stop the bleeding...believe me I will be trimming all the boys tomorrow! T

It's much easier to remove spurs by grasping the spur firmly with a pair of pliers, twist the pliers up and down gently several times; then, keeping the pliers held firmly, pull out and the spur slides off. It's best to have someone else hold the rooster with a cloth over his head; that calms him. You will get a couple drops of blood; just dab them off with a paper towel and put some antibiotic ointment on it.
Really, it's as easy as it sounds.

Quote:
Ha--you have made me laugh in the midst of a bad situation! Thank you! My dogs are going wild with him in the kitchen...I am having BIG glass of wine! Alas the beer is gone to the birds...
lau.gif
T

lol.png

Hope he gets better! Very clever idea with that box!!

Back
Top Bottom