I found him hanging....pics

Terri O

Crowing
10 Years
Jan 2, 2010
WI~chickening for 30 years!
by his spur 2 days ago in my bachelor pad. This is one of my best roos so I have brought him inside because he cant seem to stay upright. He lays like this:

46457_img_0001.jpg

I have tried to feel if his legs are broken (they arent) I thought dislocated but I dont feel that either. Do you think he could have broken his pelvis? I have manipulated it and nothing seems amiss. I made him this emergency chicken chair:
46457_img_0003.jpg

Do you think it will help him? I am planning on suspending the box from the top of a dog kennel and moving his legs daily. He is eating and drinking and seems otherwise alert. Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions? I greatly appreciate it! Terri O

Do you think he could have a back injury? Can he feel his feet? Does he move any part of his lower extremities? Maybe paralysis
sad.png

He is probably suffering from muscle and tendon strain. I'm guessing that he will recover, but it will take a while.

Quote:
I did trim the spurs about a half inch back and quicked both of them. I put cornstarch on to stop the bleeding...believe me I will be trimming all the boys tomorrow! T

Something that works better than Starch is Chalk stick, you can use it over and over. Don

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom