I got a loud hen?????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by digger455, Aug 28, 2010.

1. digger455

digger455 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2010
    I have 11 laying hens, I go out in the morning and let all of them out of the coop. I get the good moring eggs out maybe 1 or 2 a day now. About 8 in the morning or so There is on hen that goes in by nests and hollers at any of the other ones aroound or the ones that come in the lay. I have put some of them in nest by hand and she shup- up. If anouther one shows up it starts all over again. It is like this is my house get out until I am done. What is going on??

Digger

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Does it sound like bok bok bok bok BAGAWWWWWK? If so, that's the egg song.

3. digger455

digger455 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2010
    This is before she even gets close to getting in nest. I was just watching and it looks like every one of them want to go in same box and are waiting in line. I have a wireless cam out there to see what is going on. Oh yeah, she does tis yelling even after she lays.

4. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    Might just be her egg song. Is she good with the others, or being nasty?

5. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    Yep, she's just singing the egg song. Mine do it too. In fact, my rooster was even participating this AM - he got in the nesting box and all................[​IMG] what a funny sight!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by