I got a new puppy!!!!!!! Yay!

Congrats
big_smile.png

Quote:
The folks I got her from were trying to get homes for the puppies before full on winter came.

Oh, gotcha. The only reason I ask is because they are still learning behaviors from mama at that age. However, I got one of my dogs at 4 weeks old, and she turned out good. She is pretty leary with strangers, but I think that is due more to the fact that we live in the country, and I don't get to socialize her much.
I'm very excited for you. I love puppies. Not the house breaking though. I always seemed to get my dogs as pups in the winter. Nothing like standing outside in the freezing, cold Oregon rain trying to get a puppy to go potty.
roll.png

she's going to have a tiny tiny bladder at that age, so don't expect much in the way of housebreaking for a couple weeks. You're also going to have to provide extra warmth for her as well as milk replacer as she has another week or so before she should be weaned.

Do you have older dogs? She's not going to have the chance to learn bite inhibition, so you're going to have some work cut out for you. What breed is she?

I sent you a PM

Almost forgot!

At only 4 weeks, sh e isn't going to have accurate control of her body temperature. You'll need to make a nest with a heat source and plenty of space to move away if she gets too warm

Back
Top Bottom