I got a puppy! The 1st one in 16 yrs!** New pics! post 53**

Harley's girl

Songster
11 Years
Mar 28, 2008
Ohio (way out in the country)
So I was at the chicken swap today and I came across puppies as I was leaving. I casually asked what is this one and the lady said a German Shepard/ Wolf mix!!
ep.gif
I almost fainted. Then I so cooly ask, so um how much is she? She said told me. It was a very cheap price!!! (Again with the fainting!!
th.gif
) I call the DH ask him and he said, well ok. I about died!!!!! I was so excited! I ran over to the lady and said I will take her!
Her mother is a German Shepard and her father is a Wolf (I have no clue how much of a percentage her father is)! She is just 6 weeks old and is so sweet! Her name is Isabella Joy. (Bella for short)
love.gif
she is now upstairs in bed with my oldest DD. Here is a pic of Bella after her bath and then in bed with DD.
HPIM7883.jpg

HPIM7885.jpg

Sleeping on the kitchen floor before her bath.
HPIM7880.jpg

Bella and her squeaky bunny
HPIM7979.jpg

Sleeping Bella...I mean Beauty
wink.png

HPIM7987.jpg

Last edited:
I am not trying to rain on your parade or judge other dog breeds like most people do with pit bulls, but I have heard wolf mixes can turn on you and be really dangerous. Like I said I am just giving you a heads up so you can keep a watch on her. Just do some research about it I sure will find alot of good things and alot of bad things like with everything. She is very cute by the way. Congrats!!

Yep, this is what we have been looking for. I have waited many years for her to come along and here she is. The lady has both parents. She said her father just kinda keeps to himself. I will be the alpha. And I have told everyone in the family NO ROUGH HOUSING with her. Not a game to get started with the breed she is. I have prayed for her for many years. I really think God has sent her to us. 16 years is a long time to wait.
wink.png

Oh I did not know that you planned to get one for so long, that is the best way to do things find out everything you can. It sounds like you have made some good precautions also. I can tell your are a responsilble pet owner
thumbsup.gif
. Good luck

Yes, God does great things to make us happy.

Last edited:
Lovely pup, and fabulous exoti lineage! Will have to do some research. For some great reading with wolves in it, if yu like outdoors stuff, is a book written in the 1930's by a woman who went to BC, Canada with her husband to a previously unexplored region and they lived there for a couple of years. It is fabulous, but can't think of the name, darn it! I ran across another book by RD Lawrence called the Northern Runner about a man who adopted a wolf puppy that was very well-reviewed.

Best of luck and tell us stories!

Very cute puppy. My neice had a full wolf that she bottle fed and raised. She was the most lovable girl.She died last year of bone cancer. My neighbor and her DH got one as a yard dog. They didnt socialize it much and from the very beginning it did not like people. Even them it would run from them or circle around at feeding time. Unfortunatly theirs had to be put down Seem it had a very bad heart disorder. I truly believe if you treat it as a family member it will be OK Shawnee was so loving and is very much missed. She was 11 years old.

Congrats.
I'm not trying to bring you down, but make sure you call and ask your town/city about owning wolf hybrid laws, even if you live in the country.
I have a degree in wildlife conservation. Wolf-Hybrids are illegal in 11 states,but Ohio law allows wolves and wolf hybrids to be kept without a license, but your town may not, and if it does it may require special fencing, etc.
wolf hybrids are cute, but they arent for everyone. 8 out of everyday 10 raised as pet, dont stay a pet, they usually act more wolflike and have to be kept outside in a large pen.
But it does sounbd like you know what your getting into(unlike most people) Good luck and keep us updated
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom