I hate coons, UPDATE #52 got'em!

well the coons struck again this time they pulled a chook out of the eggloo I have, luckily it was just an extra pet quality silkie roo but it po me none the less. traps are set which they egnored again, and they did not touch the poison as well, I have since closed up the eggloo but it has really become a battle ground over here and at the moment they are winning.
sad.png

Finally Got him!!!

wee.gif

and he is freaking HUGE since I did not notice until later this morning I opted to drop the cage (already had rope attached) into my pond for easy drowning, by the size of him I did not think it would be easy to kill with an air rifle and felt that this was easier on both of us.

I am so glad he is gone soon he would have used his brute strength to pull apart my coops really he is that big
lol.png
I think I will weigh him and measure him.

well one down and probably a few more to go.

Score

coons AHappyChick
3 1

wee.gif

Can't these guys get upwards of 40 pounds? I know the yearlings are bad enough, but a mature savvy 'coon is no fun
hide.gif

im trying to load a pic now but he weighed more than my ds for sure, took up the whole cage my ds is 38 lbs so I am guess ing this guy was 40+

Quote:
very easy for a old boar to be over 40#s
Glad you didnt opt for a pellet gun, useless on that size coon, took us a .357 to dispatch the 40# + one we caught a few years ago.
what most people do not realize, a ticked off coon is extremely difficult to kill. the adreniline keeps them fighting.

We had to dispatch a 15 + sow the other night hit her 3 times close range with a 410 and nothing. had to come in and get the.22 and do an ear shot to finish her off,
I will never use a .410 again, too weak.

My wife and I took our driveway dinger (it tells us when people are coming down our driveway) and put it on the inside of the coup where the coon was getting in.
We parked the truck where we could light up the coup. At first we ran out as soon as we heard the dinger but the coon would hear us coming. We decided to wait a litttle longer so that the coon was already focused on the chicken (You will be able to hear the chickens screaming). The coon ended dead and no chickens were hurt on this night.

Last night I nocticed my female bloodhound dancing around in her pen and looking up in the tree next to her pen..now the chichen coop is not more than 30ft away. So i didn't think anything at the time, but this morning she is still dancing around and looking up in that tree so I started looking up and seen a big racoon just hanging on for dear life. This tree this racoon just deceided to clime up in sit's between the two bloodhounds pen's. I waved the neighbor down since I don't shoot very well He shot the thing down and I had him throw it in the female's pen for her reward.. I'm not going to loose any of my baby's. She's such a sweet hound..

it was really fat too since there is so much food for them around here I say it bacause now that I think about it I saw no indication of what sex it was forgot to look
gig.gif
Hopefully I will get another tonight
big_smile.png

Oh and eta in its last act of killing it took out one of my Koi in the process I guess of trying to escape but the fish was found floating with a big gash and it was not there when I put the coon in. My cousin took the pic of me, she was unthrilled
lol.png

100_3064.jpg

100_3066.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom