I hate my town (stray cats and corrupt bureaucrats)

It's a real pity, since there was no problem what so ever until the new neighbors. I have a right to own chickens. I have a right to protect my property and live stock. I just need to get someone's attention so I can actually do it.

Hmmm, now that I think of it, since the new neighbors are feeding these strays, I might be able to get them fined for "harboring vicious animals". Any animal that "(1) Any animal that has, on one previous occasion without provocation, attacked or bitten any person or other animal;
(2)
Any animal which, when unprovoked, chases or approaches a person upon the streets, sidewalks or any public or private property in a menacing fashion or apparent attitude of attack such that the person reasonably believes that the animal will cause physical injury to that person;
(3)
Any animal with a known propensity, tendency or disposition to attack unprovoked, to cause injury or to otherwise threaten the safety of persons or otherwise domestic animals; or
(4)
Any animal which a city-designated veterinarian has reason to believe has a dangerous disposition likely to be harmful to humans or other animals."

is considered vicious. These cats certainly qualify under 1 and 3. And feeding them denotes ownership.

Sec. 14-8. - Vicious animal.
hyperlink.png

(a)​
A vicious animal is:
(1)​
Any animal that has, on one previous occasion without provocation, attacked or bitten any person or other animal;
(2)​
Any animal which, when unprovoked, chases or approaches a person upon the streets, sidewalks or any public or private property in a menacing fashion or apparent attitude of attack such that the person reasonably believes that the animal will cause physical injury to that person;
(3)​
Any animal with a known propensity, tendency or disposition to attack unprovoked, to cause injury or to otherwise threaten the safety of persons or otherwise domestic animals; or
(4)​
Any animal which a city-designated veterinarian has reason to believe has a dangerous disposition likely to be harmful to humans or other animals.
(b)​
Any vicious animal found running at large may be destroyed by a peace officer or animal warden in the interest of public safety.
(c)​
The municipal court, after a notice and hearing, may order any owner or person having care, control or custody or any vicious animal to take such animal permanently from the city, or the court may, upon making a finding that such animal is vicious or that it represents a clear and present danger or nuisance to the citizens or other animals in the community, order the animal to be euthanized (killed) in a humane manner. This animal must be removed immediately following receipt of such an order, even if an appeal is initiated.
(d)​
If the owner or person having care, custody or control of a vicious animal fails to remove such animal as provided for in subsections (b) and (c) of this section, such animal may be impounded and/or destroyed.
(e)​
The owner or person having care, custody or control of a vicious animal must report the disposition and relocation of such animal to the chief of police in writing, within ten days after the expiration date for removal of such animal from the city. Each day thereafter such information is not provided shall constitute a separate offense.
(f)​
The chief of police or his deputy shall be authorized to obtain a search and seizure warrant if there is reason to believe that an animal ordered removed from the city for being vicious has not been so removed.

sorry to hear of your situation. perhaps these two words can help: great pyrenesse.
they sure saved my flock.

The trick is to get someone in the gubment to actually, you know, DO something.
I am sorry but the way it reads at first is that the town was run over with ferrel cats not just from your neighbor.. you do have a right to have chickens but should you if you can't stop all the cats in town that are bothering you.

I hope you can get the animal control to help you but it sounds like they don't care or do not have the funs to deal with all these cats you have around.

That's crazy, I've never heard that you're not allowed to use your own traps. Can you trap them and move them into a cat carrier and bring them into Animal Control as a stray that way?

I am sorry but the way it reads at first is that the town was run over with ferrel cats not just from your neighbor.. you do have a right to have chickens but should you if you can't stop all the cats in town that are bothering you.

I hope you can get the animal control to help you but it sounds like they don't care or do not have the funs to deal with all these cats you have around.
Didn't have a problem until the neighbors started feeding them! I've had chickens for two years now!

Use your own trap.(Its still humane I hope ) Trap them and shut up(as in tell no one). Im done here. I mean this in the nice way. Last post here.

I vote for a dog...feral cats reproduce so much that you will find yourself going to animal control with cats every day in your traps. Or, better yet, wait get rid of the chickens and wait until you do live in the country where you have freedom to eliminate predators as you see fit (with a .22) and where your chickens have more space.

Back
Top Bottom