I Hate Nature's Hatchery!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Campine Lover, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Campine Lover

Campine Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Moss Beach, CA
    Ordered in april. They said they would get here mid may. Mid may- said would come end of may. End of may- would come in june, then mid june, then I had to change my order because their hens "weren't laying". Then July- had to change AGAIN for the same reason. Mid July- shipped. yay, right? wrong! the box got damaged and sent back, AFTER 5 DAYS OF THEM WAITING AT SOME RANDOM POST OFFICE! then they sent a replacement last wednesday, AND IT GOT DAMAGED AGAIN AND SENT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AFTER 4 MONTHS OF WAITING, THIS HAPPENED! THEY DIDN'T SEND THE BOXES WITH TRACKING NUMBERS, AND THEY ONLY HAVE ONE GUY ANSWERING PHONES (who is very nice, by the way) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] why me why me why me? if you ever order form them, make sure to get a tracking number.

2. Alabama ee

Alabama ee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2010
    Can you void the order and go with someone else? I ordered from MT healthy and received them very quickly.

3. Lazy W Poultry

Lazy W Poultry Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2010
    Oklahoma
    After the second time I would have been OUT OF THERE, That's why we don't buy from hatchery's but years ago when we did I would buy from Ideal Poultry never had a bad order from them the chicks always arrive fast and alive.

I think I would get my money back tell them what they can do with it, and go else where to buy your chicks.

Steve

4. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    what are you buying chicks or eggs?

eta if eggs never buy them from a hatchery they are focused on live chicks and the eggs are never packaged well or very good. always get eggs from a breeder who does it often and has good feedback. if chicks call someone else and get your money back but sounds like you ordered eggs in which case get a full refund and check out the BYC auction area. So sorry [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  5. Tylt33

Tylt33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Chico, California
    Nature's Hatchery is very slow, I had a similar experience. Very nice customer service, when you can get a hold of them. However, they seem to not ship when you need them to. I canceled and went with Ideal.

6. caral07

caral07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2010
    Ruston Louisiana
    I rder from Murray McMurray Hatchery they were great. Great customer service and and they started incabating the chicks the day I put in my order. They shipped them as soon as they hatched(after vacination) and since I live and Louisiana and they are located in Iowa it took them 2 day to get here but they were all alive, healthy, and running around in the box. Wish you the best and next time try Murray McMurray Hatchery.[​IMG]

7. Campine Lover

Campine Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Moss Beach, CA
    i am about to cancel from nature's and i just ordered from mypetchicken, who i've ordered from before and are GREAT!

8. caral07

caral07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2010
    Ruston Louisiana
    Quote:Wish you the best.[​IMG] I love mypetchickens website.

9. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I had an excellent experience with Nature's Hatchery. Shipment was confirmed & on time, I received several e-mails ahead of time letting me know we were on schedule, and a final e-mail letting me know my chicks would be sent the following day. Sorry you had such a bad experience! [​IMG]

10. Christie Rhae

Christie Rhae Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Big Island, Hawaii
    I had a great experience with My Pet Chicken. I got exactly what I ordered, 10 happy active chicks delivered a day earlier than I expected. I am even in Hawaii so I was really impressed with how easy it was to order the chicks and get them delivered. A+ from me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by