I have a pip!

Yes Aylesbury duck eggs I’m not sure if it looks like an internal pip? If so then should I stop turning?
I am not familiar with duck breeds. I'm guessing that's one of the mallard derived breeds if so they should take 28 days you should stop turning at day 25. So you said you are on day 24 25 then yes I would stop turning put them in lockdown now. I wish you all the luck.

Baby update
10 chirpy babies. 1 external pip. 1 internal pip. 2 RIP, 10 eggs that look wonky, 7 eggs unknown (look right but no visible movement during our quick candle.)

Here are the first 8 numbered by birth order. Luckily they each have a unique mark. 9 and 10 are in containers in the incubator so they don't mess with the eggs. They are the "moral support for the 2 confirmed still alive babies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180114-152116.jpg
    Screenshot_20180114-152116.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
I’m only concerned as I have other eggs in the incubator which are not due the same day the other 3 duck eggs are due next week and some chicken eggs are also due next week I’m stupid and didn’t think it through... and was hoping that the lockdown and no turning wouldn’t affect the others... any tips?

Back
Top Bottom