I have a pip!

I’m only concerned as I have other eggs in the incubator which are not due the same day the other 3 duck eggs are due next week and some chicken eggs are also due next week I’m stupid and didn’t think it through... and was hoping that the lockdown and no turning wouldn’t affect the others... any tips?

Turning isn't as vital for the last week. High humidity could be an issue if the air cells are small. If they are, then you can let these hatch, drop the humidity back down for a day or however long, then crank it back up. Use sponges, or bowls of water with sponges in them, or something similar, to make it easy to take out.

Turning isn't as vital for the last week. High humidity could be an issue if the air cells are small. If they are, then you can let these hatch, drop the humidity back down for a day or however long, then crank it back up. Use sponges, or bowls of water with sponges in them, or something similar, to make it easy to take out.
Thanks that’s good to hear the other ducks aren’t far apart in time... sorry I’m mistaken chicken eggs are on day 8.... due 27th/28th... it’s still early would a few days of not turning affect it much? T

Thanks that’s good to hear the other ducks aren’t far apart in time... sorry I’m mistaken chicken eggs are on day 8.... due 27th/28th... it’s still early would a few days of not turning affect it much? T

Day 8? Eh, those are pretty critical days. They still need to be turned. Even a couple times a day is better than nothing..

Good luck with the eggs! The cockerel we’re left with was the smallest out of the five fellas (two hens, five cockerels) and my OH and his friend helped him out of his shell with a pair of tweezers! I’ve never seen them so gentle

You can always hand turn. 3 times a day just mark so you know which side is up.

Yes will do hopefully I won’t loose too much humidity thanks
When I've pulled babies I keep steamy hot water in a cup and fewer the sponges. Usually my humidity is higher then before I opened it within 2 minutes. Just don't open when they are pipped if possible and absolutely not durring unzipping.

Take my advice with a grain of salt. This is my first incubation.

Baby 9 has me flummoxed! It has yellow feathers and black down. ( yes I realize all they have right now is down I guess undercoat would be better).

Baby 10 is a RIR mama.

9 is on the right.
20180114_201743.jpg

Back
Top Bottom