I HAVE ORPINGTON PIPS!!! Pix added

Katy

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jun 29, 2007
Kansas~50+ yrs of chickens
I'm so excited
yippiechickie.gif
...it's day 20 on some blue orpington eggs from sunchick and I've got 2 pips!! Maybe I'll actually get my first blue orps!!!!! I've also got a BLRW pipped. Guess I'll get my exercise today going up and down the basement steps!!!!!

I'd love to get as good a hatch as I just had....of the 9 eggs I had put in the hatcher 7 hatched...although I'm not sure one of them is going to make it.

Last edited:
Isn't it fun, but nerve racking!? It never gets old either. Still amazes me that an egg can go from a plain old egg to a cute fluffly butt in only 21 days.

I didn't expect to see anything on the orps when I went down this morning to check the BLRW. I'd stuck one Marans in with these eggs....my "insurance" egg against lone chicks!!....and it's pipped now too. Too bad I don't have the grandbabies here today to keep me busy!!!!

The first Orp is out....doesn't look dark enough to be black and not light enough for splash....I don't think so anyway....dare I say it??!! Do I have my first B-L-U-E Orp!!!??? Can you tell I'm excited?
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom