1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I HAVE ORPINGTON PIPS!!! Pix added

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Katy, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'm so excited [​IMG] ...it's day 20 on some blue orpington eggs from sunchick and I've got 2 pips!! Maybe I'll actually get my first blue orps!!!!! I've also got a BLRW pipped. Guess I'll get my exercise today going up and down the basement steps!!!!!

I'd love to get as good a hatch as I just had....of the 9 eggs I had put in the hatcher 7 hatched...although I'm not sure one of them is going to make it.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Way to go Katy......pics soon.......I am waiting on a bantam egg to finish pippin as I type..........gonna be a long long day here........ [​IMG]

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Isn't it fun, but nerve racking!? It never gets old either. Still amazes me that an egg can go from a plain old egg to a cute fluffly butt in only 21 days.

4. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Yah. I'm suppose to get some Blue Orp eggs in April in hope.

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Come on Orps!!!.... [​IMG]

6. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Come on chickies!!!!! [​IMG] I love the blues in any breed!

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

No fair! My Blue Orps are the slowest pippers of any Ive ever hatched. Congrats!

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I didn't expect to see anything on the orps when I went down this morning to check the BLRW. I'd stuck one Marans in with these eggs....my "insurance" egg against lone chicks!!....and it's pipped now too. Too bad I don't have the grandbabies here today to keep me busy!!!!

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

One of the orps is about 3/4's zipped and the other is starting to zip...plus one more of them is pipped!!!!

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

The first Orp is out....doesn't look dark enough to be black and not light enough for splash....I don't think so anyway....dare I say it??!! Do I have my first B-L-U-E Orp!!!??? Can you tell I'm excited? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by