I Have Shingles! ** UPDATE** Now My Daughter Has Chicken Pox! (Pg 10)

yup...thats why its sooo painful!!..AND why it can keep causing you pain even after you have healed!!...i hope i never get them!!...lol..sorry!..not funny!..
hmm.png
..Wendy

the virus(after you've had chicken pox) lies dormant in your neurons(nerve cells),,by your spinal cord....and when its activated...it travels through your nerve fiibers(sp?)..out to your skin..(hence the blisters).....and thats why..most shingles are around the torso or trunk area on your body.......i remember when ever we suspected a patient had shingles..the first place on their body we always looked at was thier sides and back or tummy...to look for the tell-tale blisters..or scabs...although i have seen it on differant parts of the body...best of luck to you...sometimes they can give you some pain meds..or something...night.
smile.png
..Wendy

Last edited:
Quote:
I was just fixing to post this info. You must be in the same field as me redhen:D. I would add that since the nerve fibers in your body are "bunched" into the left or right side the outbreak is one one side only, MOST of the time.
My first post here. New to chickens this year but saw a post I knew a little about:p
To the OP, I hope it improves for you. Try not to get very stressed about things and relax all you can, should help resolve them a little quicker.
Tom

Quote:
Sending you massive (((HUGS)))) from across the pond, hope your feeling better soon. Am lucky that I have never had C/px or any other childhood illness......get well soon DC..xxxx:)

Quote:
Maybe you got it again from your chickens. (ha, ha)

Where is it located?

It's usually just on one side following a nerve. I've know folks to loose use of an arm or a leg or even an eye.

I would get on an antiviral as soon as possible. It's the reason Zovirax was developed.

God bless you and get better soon.

The "Old Wifes Tale" is , if it ever goes completely around your body and meets it will kill you! Well, it hurts so darn bad I think it would kill you! I had them on the left breast side front to the exact middle of my back spine, a sold 3" all the way. Pain oh pain, I would rather give birth!
barnie.gif

Quote:
Maybe you got it again from your chickens. (ha, ha)

Where is it located?

It's usually just on one side following a nerve. I've know folks to loose use of an arm or a leg or even an eye.

I would get on an antiviral as soon as possible. It's the reason Zovirax was developed.

God bless you and get better soon.

Agree completely with Mahroni...good luck getting better
hugs.gif

Yes, get an antiviral ASAP. My husband got the shingles and couldn't see the doctor until the 72 hours after it showed up, but the doctor prescribed an antiviral for him anyway. Luckily for him it didn't really get that bad.

Quote:
I know how you feel about your daughter, now you have an answer and a place to start. My friend gets shingles and its usually caused by stress. It may always have a little tingle in that area and if you ever get them back you will know when its comming on. They do have a vaccine for shingles you may want to ask your Dr about. They say you can only get them once but I know several people who have had them several times.

Back
Top Bottom