I just found a stray chicken!! šŸ˜

I'm so sorry about Daisy. Mira is beautiful, her name too! This thread caught my eye because I'm currently dealing with two stray chickens myself. (which will soon join my other flock :).) Mira is so lucky to have found you, there seems to be so many abandoned or stray chickens around. :(
What is your story? How did you wind up with some stays?

Update: Mira fits right in with the flock!! Like she's always been a part of it. She is so pretty (I promise I'll send pics, keep reminding me :D) She almost looks like a show chicken. Her tail is quite spectacular. She is a great forager. I clipped her wings last week as she along with some other 'teens' and turkeys were flying on top of our chicken enclosure. No flying since :thumbsup She has befriended my Swedish Flower Hen (Blue Mottled) pullet named Lupine.

Update: Mira fits right in with the flock!! Like she's always been a part of it. She is so pretty (I promise I'll send pics, keep reminding me :D) She almost looks like a show chicken. Her tail is quite spectacular. She is a great forager. I clipped her wings last week as she along with some other 'teens' and turkeys were flying on top of our chicken enclosure. No flying since :thumbsup She has befriended my Swedish Flower Hen (Blue Mottled) pullet named Lupine.
More Photos! šŸ˜‰

A little backstory. I just had to have my Pearl White Leghorn (5 years old) put down. She wasn't doing well and I didn't think anything could be done. She was bad off. (Yes, she's the one in my avatar šŸ˜ž). Her name was Daisy. Anyways, I was out doing chores this evening and spotted a white bird in one of the trees lining the enclosure. I thought it was one of our young turkeys at first but soon realized it wasn't! I was super excited when I saw it was not only a pullet, but also a Pearl White Leghorn!!!! šŸ¤—šŸ˜ It was hard to catch her bc she kept flying up higher but I finally did. I offered food and water but she was too preoccupied to take it. She seems healthy although very skinny and dirty. Her comb is pretty pale. She looks to be about 7-8 weeks old. Yay!! A little gift from Heaven ā¤ p.s. I did text all the neighbors just in case but no one has replied yet.
I hope no one claims her. I think your Ms Daisy sent her to you.
I'm sorry you had to make that painful decision for your Ms. Daisy.

Thanks! I am so happy every time I look at her :loveI can't believe she managed to come to my flock! And that she's almost a clone to Daisy!!
Shes a Blessing. I told you Daisy sent her because she doesn't want you to miss her so much and she wants you to be happy.
And Look, you are happy!!!

Back
Top Bottom