I just found all 26 of my ducks headless!?!?

Only a handful of predators kill that many birds and take heads off, but usually some heads are found. Either OP is mistaken about this, or something is amiss.

Wondering if some type of human perp is involved here?

Do you have any two legged varmints in the neighborhood that might be suspect?
i was just about to say that! do you know anyone who possibly has a grudge against you or you ducks?

Only a handful of predators kill that many birds and take heads off, but usually some heads are found. Either OP is mistaken about this, or something is amiss.

Wondering if some type of human perp is involved here?

Do you have any two legged varmints in the neighborhood that might be suspect?
No we don't have many if any two legged varmints that I know of that could have killed them but I definitely considered if there might have been some human interaction?...

this is a website were we all need help each other out and to build each other up.
No, I'm not upset at all... SO glad you already get this wonderful community as mostly an outpouring of support for each other! Which IS what I meant by that post was to be supportive and just added a little more information. Basically trying to say, that if you do trap having a plan other than relocation is best for all involved.

Even if everyone may not like or agree with what get's posted.. the wide array of experiences and input has been hugely helpful for my family's farm and pet life. You can't please everyone... but being friendly, as you are goes a LONG way towards community cohesion. Thank you for making that extra effort. :hugs

Again, VERY sorry for your loss. :(

So I just walk out to my coop and all 26 of my ducks were on the ground without heads all the heads were gone but the bodies were there and looked unharmed. I can't find the heads anywhere I can't see any holes or places in the wire were an animal could have gotten in what could have got them all?!?!

ive had some of mine killed like that. It was a possum. Set up trail cam the next night. The raccoons usually eat the breast or all the bird. I'm so sorry.

So I just walk out to my coop and all 26 of my ducks were on the ground without heads all the heads were gone but the bodies were there and looked unharmed. I can't find the heads anywhere I can't see any holes or places in the wire were an animal could have gotten in what could have got them all?!?!
A weasel will kill fast and many. But, the gone heads doesn't fit their MO.

You definitely have a colon. Coons take the head and come back for the body. Weasels and mink drink the blood then come back for the rest, but what you describe is definitely a colon.

Back
Top Bottom