I just got chicks from someone we know they are 2 weeks old do they look healthy?

Farmgirl283420

Crowing
Feb 21, 2023
Hey I just got chicks today from someone we know they are two weeks old and very sweet do they look healthy? Two are Cochins and one is a frizzle I’ll get more pics so you can see them better their names are Amelia, violet and Nat Nat
CB5CAC96-D61D-4237-80EE-AF444A8768F0.jpeg

I don't think they look two weeks old. Less.

I would suggest moving both the water and feed away from the edges of that container so they can walk all the way around each.

The container is too small and it will over heat extremely fast with a heat lamp. Do you have a second container you could cut a hole in and put up against this one (cut it too)?

I don't think they look two weeks old. Less.

I would suggest moving both the water and feed away from the edges of that container so they can walk all the way around each.

The container is too small and it will over heat extremely fast with a heat lamp. Do you have a second container you could cut a hole in and put up against this one (cut it too)?
There in our pole barn So it’s a bit chilly so the brooder seems fine I raised six chicks last year four in one two in the other and they all made it and they were raised in the house the lady hatched them and said they were two weeks old how old do you think they are?

Two are Cochins and one is a frizzle
I don't see anything "off" in particular (aside from concerns mentioned re space).. is there something that makes you worried they aren't healthy? Some things that can be carried by chicks may not show up this early.

Frizzle can be a breed or just a gene carried by (or bred into) many breeds including Cochin, Polish, etc.. So I'm not sure if your frizzle is actually a Frizzle or a frizzled Cochin.. just for conversation and consideration.

Looking forward to your better pictures!

Ok thanks they are super active!!! And pop like little popcorn kernels!!! They like to climb in my arms and legs and like to snuggle up to me they aren’t scared of my hand either when I put it in the brooder now that I’ve been spending time with them! I will take more pics when I’m cleaning the brooder today!

Back
Top Bottom