I just set 5-21-11 in my home made incubator

clap.gif

well done matlock

what fab little babies. so glad you had a great hatch.

I have 9 - will post pictures later. sadly the other 8 died in the shell at various , so it wasn't just me opening the bator (was beating myslef up there for a while)

I read a post recently about sex linked chicks which says if you cross a dark legged male with a light legged female breed you can tell the sex of the chick by the colour of its legs. Does anyone know anything about this? as I crossed a wayandotte (yellow legs) and orpington (brown legs) and got a brown leg. which would make her a girl.
ya.gif

This was purely by accident, so will be interesting to see what happens.

im really late to this thread but oh well matlock you are in TN me too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.png

Way to go Matlock!!! Beautiful chickies!
wee.gif
I am trying the dry incubate this time, hopefully mine will fair better than the past hatches! I did add a little water when the hum dropped to around 20, but it's been running around 30-35.
Sorry about your losses chickenjoe...glad you got 9 tho!
jumpy.gif

Time out...status of your candle???
smile.png

I'm a bit disappointed in the BL & EE eggs. Started with 15 BL (Ebay purchase) at day 7, tossed 6 clears & 5 w/blood rings...13 EEs (Gabbard) tossed 3 clears & 4 w/blood rings. I wonder if I am doing something to cause the blood rings? Not sure what, but geez..these are obvious blood rings! The incubator is clean & I always wash hands before handling the eggs!
he.gif

So, here's what I have left in the bator...

Day 14
4 Seramas - movement in 1, 3 can't see movement but air cells look good. I'm going to make a hatcher this weekend since these will lock down on Wednesday! Should be interesting...lol

Day 7
6 EEs - definite swimmers in 2! 3 good veins & 1 not sure, egg is kind of dense, will set it back in til next week.
4 BLs - movement in 2! veins in 2

I really, really want more lavender orps....really, really...
gig.gif

Hey chicksntexas,
I got my golden lakenvelder eggs from Gabbard. I got one dozen and none were broken. When I candled them before setting most looked normal, but 4 looked a little "weird". I think the yolks are stuck on the shell. My day one predictions are 6-7 out of the 12 will develop.

Shipping was fantastic from Gabbard! Eggs were clean & none cracked or broken! I guess 'they' say 50% on shipped eggs is a good rate...whoever they are... lol ... I candled on day 1 and several of the clears at day 7 were floaters on day 1, but I thought I would set anyway just to see if anything happened...oh well... if I can get the last 6 to lockdown...
fl.gif

OK, so I thought I would try some candling pics...here you go...hope they turned out ok...
Day 7 blood ring
89480_day_7_blood_ring.jpg

Day 7 clear/yoke floats
89480_day_7_clear_floater_2.jpg

Day 7 good veins & can see it moving around in there!
89480_day_7_development.jpg

Day 14 - serama not much room left, but can see movement!
89480_day_14_serama.jpg

89480_day_14_serama_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom