I just wanna cry!

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
I just went to check everyones water again since it's been so cold all day and when i got to the pen there was a massacre of babies all over the pen
hit.gif
hit.gif
KD apparently hatched her clutch (sooner than expected!!!!!) and took them to the pool. I am so MAD at myself for not taking her eggs sooner. All 9 babies were gone when i got out there, i tried to heat them up but it was just too late.

it was her first clutch and i was so excited for them. I just lost her momma(kahlua) to a cat attack. All blue fawns and gorgeous lilacs.they weren't even peeping an hour ago....

I just wanna cry.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Oh, I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif
Losing baby anythings is always hard.
Can you bury them wherever you buried the other? I know having the gravesites close together makes me feel better about it, for some reason.
Those darned cats.
hit.gif
I'm sorry for your loss.

It was terrible... I was just headed to check the water and was on the outside of the fence.. I don't think i've ever ran so fast. It really kills me that i was just out there not even an hour before and heard NO babies. you would think they'd been peepin over the cold.
sad.png

I just finished closing up all windows on the coop and adding a couple lights, also moved the cochins in with the ducks too. Mainly to ease my mind & heart but they all look much happier. I am just waiting on a couple heat lights to get home so I can replace the regular bulbs that are in there now.

I am really glad i brought all the chicks into the house last night, i really woulda lost it if i lost all of them too.

Back
Top Bottom