I just wanna cry!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I just went to check everyones water again since it's been so cold all day and when i got to the pen there was a massacre of babies all over the pen [​IMG] [​IMG] KD apparently hatched her clutch (sooner than expected!!!!!) and took them to the pool. I am so MAD at myself for not taking her eggs sooner. All 9 babies were gone when i got out there, i tried to heat them up but it was just too late.

it was her first clutch and i was so excited for them. I just lost her momma(kahlua) to a cat attack. All blue fawns and gorgeous lilacs.they weren't even peeping an hour ago....

I just wanna cry. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Oh, I'm so sorry. [​IMG] Losing baby anythings is always hard.
    Can you bury them wherever you buried the other? I know having the gravesites close together makes me feel better about it, for some reason.
    Those darned cats. [​IMG] I'm sorry for your loss.

3. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Im so sorry! [​IMG]

4. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Awww, so sorry to hear that.

5. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

what a heartbreak! we're terribly sorry for your loss........[​IMG]

6. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    [​IMG]

7. duckking

duckking Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    Cascade Foothills, WA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am soooooooooooo sorry......go ahead and cry. darn this cold! I'll cry with you, Bleenie. I don't know what to say [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. gottsegnet

gottsegnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Nebraska
    I'm so sorry to hear that. It's never easy to lose them. I'm still upset about my goslings we lost to a weasel this summer.

9. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Sorry. It must be heartbreaking. [​IMG]

10. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

It was terrible... I was just headed to check the water and was on the outside of the fence.. I don't think i've ever ran so fast. It really kills me that i was just out there not even an hour before and heard NO babies. you would think they'd been peepin over the cold. [​IMG]

I just finished closing up all windows on the coop and adding a couple lights, also moved the cochins in with the ducks too. Mainly to ease my mind & heart but they all look much happier. I am just waiting on a couple heat lights to get home so I can replace the regular bulbs that are in there now.

I am really glad i brought all the chicks into the house last night, i really woulda lost it if i lost all of them too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by