I killed a deer!

Congrats
clap.gif

All my friends from my youth group hunt
roll.png
. So when they start talking about guns and hunting, I just walk away from the conversation. And I am all alone in my love of chickens at youth group
sad.png
. Anyway, nice deer (not that I know anything about that
tongue.png
).

I guess I'll be the only one on here to say,I couldn't kill an animal if my life depended on it. One look at those big,brown, doe eyes, and I think of the movie,Bambi.I am a grandmother and I still cry watching Bambi, and the movie"The yearling".I guess the deer need to be thinned out,but I sure couldn't do it....My son in law is an avid hunter,I just can't look at anything he brings home...More power to anyone who hunts.I 'm just too sensitive and emotional to do it....I couldn't shoot,I'd be shaking too hard,thinking",how will your Mother feel when you don't come home".Just kidding,But I really couldn't kill anything... SUNBURY CHICK,OHIO

Quote:
Wow, I had no idea! Very interesting. I roasted a chicken last night (store bought) and tried cutting into the chicken heart, but it was rubbery - ick. But I ate the chicken livers.
big_smile.png

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
smile.png

Good for you girl!! I use to love to hunt, my daughter deer hunts and my mother loved being out in the woods hunting deer/turkey/squirrel/rabbit.

Congrats. Enjoy it. The man who farms the land in western Kentucky where I hunt just finished harvesting the corn. He said that the side of the field nearest the woods had the first 24 to 36 rows of corn eaten by the deer. It sure helps make them taste good, but is quite a loss to the farmer. I am a meat hunter and would prefer the does. My interest is to fill the freezer and then enjoy it all year long. Very seldom do I ever have to buy any meats from the store.

Way to go!!!! I just decided to teach myself to hunt when I was about 12. My husband and I hunt every chance we get, but it is archery season here and we haven't gotten to go yet! My 3 year old daughter went for the frst time last year and she said hunting was "yucky". I hope that's not any indication of her hunting future!LOL!!! She just went to eat cheetos and scare everything within a mile away. Congrats again, hope we get out there soon too!

Back
Top Bottom