I KNOW Im silly, but what do you guys think?

wbruder17

Songster
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Portland, OR
Ok, I'm a nerd. I know. My coop will be on this years Portland Tour de Coop. There is a chance of people from LA doing a documentary on chickens and urban farms (which we have) and possibly some news folk covering the event.

What should I wear?? Haha, I know, but I am a fashion person and like to plan outfits to fit occasions.
Do I want to wear cutoff jeans and a tanktop, to look the part of the "farmer"? Or a cute dress with cowboy boots? Or a skirt and cowboy boots? Or my cutoffs with the boots? How do I want to be percieved for this?

We work REALLY hard in our yard, landscaping through crappy clay soil, built the garden up from nothing. Built our coop with reclaimed lumber, spent HOURS AND HOURS stapling chicken wire and building a jungle gym structure, digging out a ppond for the ducks etc etc etc etc.

Whatchoo all think?

Quote:
Oh, that's hysterical! I asked my friend the same question and he said the EXACT SAME THING! I told him I don't HAVE any overalls (strange, I know) nor a straw hat. Darn it! I knew my wardrobe was missing SOMETHING.
lau.gif

Quote:
Yes... and therin lies the problem. I don't KNOW how I want to be percieved for this....or moreso, how would I want to be filmed, in case that happens (I hope, I hope, I hope
fl.gif
)

It sounds like you have a good opportunity to show how chickens fit into an urban environment. (I am assuming your location in Portland is more city than rural.
idunno.gif
) Overalls and cowboy boots would be funny but then you would be encouraging certain stereotypes already assigned to chicken owners. I would wear jeans, a nicer t-shirt, and sneakers. JMHO
smile.png

If it were me I'd just wear what I would normally wear when I'm out in the yard working and tending to the chickens. I'd think that's how you'd want to be perceived, as yourself. Have fun with it!

Quote:
Brattishtaz! Where have you been? I haven't seen posts from you in a while. Yes, I wouldn't do the overalls thing. That was a joke. We are Urban Farmers, for sure. I'm thinking of cutoff jeans (the only jeans I will wear) knee length, of course... don't want to show off too much of my GORGEOUS legs
lau.gif
and either the cowboy boots (which are very cool and stylish here in P-Town) or sneakers.

Even though I am usually disgusting and sweaty working in the yard, I want to look nice but still show I'm a "working girl"

Back
Top Bottom