I LOVE FARMER'S MARKETS!

cherrychicken

Songster
11 Years
Jul 7, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
I just got back from the farmers market, whooooo! I just got so many cool things! I got natural beeswax lipbalm, a beeswax candle, honey, sunflower sprouts, tomatoes, garlic and herb bread, apricot goat cheese.... And you know what else? I also found an awsome chicken purse. I think a thread was started on here about that rubber chicken tote! Just wanted to honk my horn and to see what great finds y'all have found! so lets here 'em!

I love love love farmer's markets, but I have found that as I have gotten to know the local farmers in my area, I just go straight to them for things
smile.png
I still do drop in on the markets though- it is a WONDERFUL way to spend time with your family. I love the gourds that are fashioned into bird houses and the amazing flowers!

We have one down the street from our house, but it's very very small. I've gone a couple of times, but there's usually not anything as unique as apricot goat cheese. I don't think I've heard of that one before!
hu.gif

I need to find one in the Phoenix Area... anyone from the valley of the sun, know of the location of one?

There is a wonderful one about two miles up the road from us, I purchased peppers, onions, purple cauliflower, cukes and all kinds of squash. I brought home three full bags and only paid $8.00! I went back today for more, but they were closed. : (

We have them in the UK - ours is twice a month and very well supported. It is good to get produce straight from the farmer without paying the supermarket and we can get lots of lovely cakes, jam, cheese and honey as well as lots of free range organic meat.

The farmer's market here is definitely for the tourists. The farmstand near me sells eggs for 3 a dozen, but the market charges 5! Meat and produce is similarly jacked up.

Back
Top Bottom