I love my Brahma

My adult brahmas don't fly any more than necessary, but they do still remember how.

You may have trouble with the EEs though. I've got baby EEs and speckled sussex flying in laps around my porch.
roll.png

I have just one bantam buff brahma. She's gotta be around 10 weeks now! Out of all the 6 chicks I have right now she's everyone's favorite!
To me she's a little flighty, but she is just a teenager after all! If you catch her she will sit in your lap for hours and just sleep there like a cat. It's too cute! But she can freak sometimes.

Last edited:
Brahmas are my passion! I hatched some Lights in Feb of 2009 and kept the four pullets. One of the hens fell from a perch in May and died shortly after. We aren't sure if she got jostled or knocked off by another chicken. My sister was so sad because she loves my Brahmas the most of all my breeds that she went to Meyers and bought herself 3 Welsummers and 3 Ameracaunas.
hit.gif
I was so sad I called Meyers and ordered 8 pullets. They are now 5 weeks old but one of them died yesterday while I was holding her - I have no idea what happened to her - found her in bad condition in the cage when I went to the barn in the afternoon. I sat with her in my hands stroking and petting her for over a half hour just hoping it would save her but lost her.

They are my favorite birds. Whenever I go to the coop, they are always the first out and running to meet me. I can pick them up and carry them around. They love attention. I would love to get some Standard Buffs and might even consider some darks too. Would love to have a nice quality roo for my flock.

I also have Buff Bantams & love them to death. My little roo is named Aladdin and one of the hens is Jasmine and the other is Lilo. Sadly, a coyote or fox or something go Stitch and an unnamed hen along with the 2 babies Lilo hatched 2 weeks earlier I have 10 babies that I hatched on April 29th - 2 pullets and 8 cockerels and a broody Buckeye is setting on 6 eggs that are supposed to hatch today.

I have one light brahma about a week old, she is so calm! I call he super chick because i can do anything with her. LIke: PUT HER ON HER BACK, DANCE WITH HER, KISS HER, PUT HER ON THINGS, AND SHE FALLS ASLEEP SO FAST!
sorry i didnt realize it was in caps lock!
her she is:
18233_dsc_1025.jpg

I love my Brahmas!!!! I have Rocky, my light Brahma roo and three light hens, Domino, Penny, and Fairy. I have the Partridge Family (six partridge Brahma hens) and Danny Partridge, my cockerel. I also have China, a buff Brahma hen, and then there are Frick and Frack, two dark Brahma hens. Frack is my house chicken - she comes in every day to lay her egg and is again sleeping in the kitchen at night.

Buttercup is a lemon pyle Brahma (very rare), and I have hatched about 20 eggs of hers crossed with my blue Partridge roo (I lost him a month ago). I think that's everybody - they are such wonderful birds. Each has his/her own personality and I love every one.

In all, I probably have 35-40 Brahmas, with more eggs in the 'bator!

I have a little bantam Buff Brahma that makes me think of a Tiny T-rex all the time. He trots, but it's so.... tyrannasaurusal.
gig.gif
He just started learning to crow a little over a week ago. Maybe two weeks. He's competing - only in crowing - with two Silver Sebright roos and, of course, Carl, the full-sized, handsome EE Roo of the Homestead.

We will have to compare notes about the difference between LF pullet and bantam roo.

Gosh, I don't want to re-home him! Or any of the baby roos! I want to love him forever!

Back
Top Bottom