I need feathers

I have some goose feathers I can send you. It's not much but at least it's something. I will try and collect what I can for you. I will get back to you for an address.

Quote:
Two birds... better than none! I'll take whatever I can get.

I don't know what happens to the feather when they are scalded, but they don't need to be perfect.

Thanks!

Quote:
Thank you!
We don't need perfect feathers and I'll take any color.

Quote:
If you can!
send to [email protected]
or you cam e-mail through this board, or even Private Message through here.
If sending the pic is too mush trouble, just describe them.... size, color

Thanks,
Brian

Here is a photo of the "Hermoine on a Hippogriff" costume in progress.... wire shape frame and Katherine (Kat) applying the paper maché base layer.
Wing forms and wing attachement structure will be added after the base layer. Katherine will wear a black robe with a white collared blouse and necktie a-la Hogwarts uniform. We will probably also make her a spell book and of course, a wand. Kat will wear black pants and shoes so that her legs will not be so visible under the body, and fake legs will be attached to the sides of the HG. We may be able to make the wings spread out but at the moment we are planning that they stay folded to the sides making it look like the HG is in a fast dive. The lower beak which we have formed but gets attached later, will open and close (pull on a fishing line) and if we have time I will make the head turn.

Also not shown but since added is the form for a tail.... Any ideas on what to use for horse tail hair???

108732_dscn6522.jpg
[/img]
108732_hippagriff3q_back_wire.jpg
[/img]
108732_hippogrif_front_3q_wire.jpg
[/img]

You can get one of those pony tail hair pieces. They can get pretty long and if you use 2 I think it would make for a really nice horse tail. Since it is Halloween you should have no problem finding a long one at a costume shop. I'm sure they can be inexpensive. Looks good so far. I'm collecting feathers and sticking them in a gallon zip lock bag. I know it's not much so far but I asked my turkeys and geese to shed a bit for your project today..... lol. My turkeys already molted.

Quote:
Yes, of course. I wasn't thinking. There should be plenty of wigs and such for sale.

Every bit helps! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom