I need feathers

108732_img_1111.jpg

Here's the Hippagriff body, painted and mostly feathered on this side. Still needs the wing mounts and the lower beak.
108732_img_1118.jpg

Here, Kat is holding the wings for the photo.
108732_img_1119.jpg

Back view with Kat holding the wings.
Since these, I have made and attached the wing mounts, completed the wings which fold down to the body or open as shown, and added to the crest on it's head. I hope that if you look closely, you can see the feathers you contributed.
There are two small rods/wires that turn the head a little left or right, and there will be one to open and close the lower beak.
Kat will be wearing a Hogwarts school robe and I am thinking a Book of Spells that will actually be her candy bag.

You just made my night.

My mom and aunt made such elaborate costumes when all of us kids were growing up. Best thing my mom ever did was teach me so sew.

I have made costumes for decades. My kids asked for store bought one year, so I bought them. Two days before Halloween I was up sewing after work to make them different ones. All their friends and teacher couldn't wait to see what I'd be making. Spoiled rotten kids.

Then the grandkids came along, and friends of my kids and their kids. When I was dating my husband I was doing the same thing. Sewing all night after work. I was getting tired chasing kids and working and waiting until the slept, so one night he tells me he can sew. Who knew? He finished up an evening gown for my youngest daughter. I had to put it together, but he did know how to sew, which shocked me. There was only one problem. His sewing before had been experimental parachutes. Ripstop didn't have to have a right and wrong side and those seems were hard as heck to take out when he mixed up some pieces. This was my Vietnam, Spec Ops Vet, Purple heart, soon to be husband. Over the 10 years we were married I couldn't even count how many costumes we made. Some had to be started early summer, since we had limited time and they weren't just sew and go stuff. We made 3 dozen costumes in a week once. No sleep, but everyone looked great. LOL

I wasn't up to making anything last year and this year I was asked and even though I was excited about doing them, everyone thought I was just not ready to dive in. I think they were right.

This was our holiday and I've been having a hard time with it and then came across your thread. I was supposed to do this last year. The wire was ready and we were just waiting for the feathers that were just starting to show up from the beginning of the moult. I'm so happy to see that there is someone else that take the time and puts the love into things for their kids. My husband would have given you "2 atta boys" as he used to say. LOL Made me smile to see the idea we had had been done. I don't smile much these days, so thank you.

Now hurry up and get the complete costume on here! I can"t wait to see that cute little daughter in what better be a first place costume. I hope there's a contest being entered. If she doesn't win, it's fixed. Great work! Thank for sharing your wonderful project!

BTW I wish I had seen this sooner I could have sent horse hair.

woot.gif
This costume is just amazing. I have never seen anything like it. What talent, inguinus! It turned out better then I ever though. Way to go, great job!!!!
clap.gif

I sent your feathers out today. I hope they get to you ASAP...... lol. I figured you could use them for areas that need a little more coverage. Just in case feathers. That is the coolest costume I've ever seen and I can't wait till your daughter is all dressed up in it. What a lucky little girl. If you have more then 1 child dare I ask what else you made????

Quote:
Well the really amazing part is that since my daughter was able to pick a costume, she has decided right after Halloween and stuck with that decision ....so, I don't have to decide what to make, just how to make it and how elaborate.

Last year she was a six foot dragon with wings she could flap. She's been a spotted cow, a Dalmatian, a butterfly (the six legs never really worked correctly)

Quote:
Thank You!

We only have Katherine to indulge, though I have contemplated dressing up the dogs.

Back
Top Bottom