Songster
8 Years
May 17, 2011
NY
i need know how do i get mcafee out. Getting Mcafee out of managed mode
by jemis69 on 19/3/2011, 11:49 pm

McAfee Agent does not remove through Add\\Remove Programs

Environment

The following message displays when select Remove for the McAfee Agent through Add \\ Remove Programs on client computers:

McAfee Agent cannot be removed because other products are still using it.
This message also occurs when there are not additional products installed on the client computer.

Problem

Selecting Remove for the McAfee Agent through Add \\ Remove Programs does not work.

Solution

This message will display as long as the agent is in Managed Mode, or being managed by the ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) server. This is irrespective of any additional point products being installed. This is "as designed" to prevent the instance where removing a point product also removes the agent from the client computer, leaving it unmanaged by the ePO server.

The computer must be removed from Managed Mode, before this option is functional.

To take the computer out of Managed Mode, run the following command on the client computer, while logged on as an Administrator:

frminst.exe /remove=agent

This removes the computer from Managed Mode, and the McAfee Framework Service can now be removed through Add \\ Remove Programs. i tuke the mcafee out of Add \\ Remove Programs but i still have it on and i found this. help
he.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif
smack.gif

are you on some sort of corporate network, or is it a stand alone computer? ePO server. is a mcafee server program to manage all the computers on a network, so it seems it doesn't let individuals uninstall, only network administrators.

You may be able to reboot into safe mode and remove it there. On some computers you get safe mode by holding down the F8 key while it reboots.

Personally I hate mcafee, won't let it near my machines.

I had to remove McAfee because I had an older computer and it took hours each day to update it and it would take all night to scan for viruses.

Perhaps there are other programs that are integrated with McAfee that are using it continuously.

Quote:
I got rid of McAffee, Norton and AVG. Tried them all, didn't like them slowing down the comp so much. I now use Microsoft Essentials and am much happier with it. Do what Boyd said, then try Essentials. Hope it works!

I have 3 laptops and one desktop, and I have AVG free on all of them, and haven't had any virus trouble for years. That's what I recommend.
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom