I need information on Jeffers Pet Dewormer

brttneymarie

In the Brooder
Nov 24, 2020
Hello! We seem to have gapeworms in some of our chickens and of course, are in need of a dewormer. Upon searching for one, I came across a website called "jefferspet". I was wondering if anyone here has used the product "poultry dewormer 5x"? If you have, one, did it actually come after ordering it? In other words, is it some sort of scam? And two, did it work? For any worms, but any info anyone has regarding this dewormer and gapeworm specifically would be great. Thank you so much!

Gapeworm is extremely rare.
Have you noticed any bubbles in your bird's eyes or any sneezing?
Can you get a picture of what they are doing?

A respiratory infection is much more likely than gapeworm.

Hello! We seem to have gapeworms in some of our chickens and of course, are in need of a dewormer. Upon searching for one, I came across a website called "jefferspet". I was wondering if anyone here has used the product "poultry dewormer 5x"? If you have, one, did it actually come after ordering it? In other words, is it some sort of scam? And two, did it work? For any worms, but any info anyone has regarding this dewormer and gapeworm specifically would be great. Thank you so much!
Poultry Dewormer x5 is a legit wormer containing fenbendazole and will treat most worms in poultry. I dont recommend it for tapeworms though. I have not used this product. However, I've used Safeguard liquid goat wormer which is also fenbendazole and is an excellent wormer.
I prefer dosing birds with liquid wormers rather than pills or pastes, but will use them if necessary.
I normally order my wormers and other items from Jeffers and they ship quick and wormer products usually have a 1.5 - 2 year+ expiration date.
https://www.jefferspet.com/products/poultry-dewormer-5x
https://www.jefferspet.com/products/safeguard-dewormer-goats-125ml

Poultry Dewormer x5 is a legit wormer containing fenbendazole and will treat most worms in poultry. I dont recommend it for tapeworms though. I have not used this product. However, I've used Safeguard liquid goat wormer which is also fenbendazole and is an excellent wormer.
I prefer dosing birds with liquid wormers rather than pills or pastes, but will use them if necessary.
I normally order my wormers and other items from Jeffers and they ship quick and wormer products usually have a 1.5 - 2 year+ expiration date.
https://www.jefferspet.com/products/poultry-dewormer-5x
https://www.jefferspet.com/products/safeguard-dewormer-goats-125ml
Thank you so much! This was really helpful!

Gapeworm is extremely rare.
Have you noticed any bubbles in your bird's eyes or any sneezing?
Can you get a picture of what they are doing?

A respiratory infection is much more likely than gapeworm.
I've noticed people saying gapeworm is really rare, however, we found worms that definitely look like gapeworms in our chicken's water bowl. And it's dark over here at the moment so the chickens are all asleep but I could definitely get some pictures tomorrow.

And about the eye bubbles, I haven't seen anything like that yet. Our chickens do sneeze on occasion but it's not an excessive amount to my knowledge.

Can you post a link to the exact dewormer stuff you are talking about?
Or take screenshots of the bottle and the instructions and post it here?

I don't know anything about their poultry dewormer - others are addressing that for you - but we've ordered horse supplements and llama meds from Jeffers multiple times.

And sometimes I add other goodies to the order. My horse's hot pink rope halter, her leopard print fleece cooler, and her bright orange rain sheet are all from Jeffers.

Back
Top Bottom