Chicken_loverr15

Chirping
Oct 31, 2022
My Rottweiler was attacking my hen when I came home, and he ripped off a huge chunk of her skin and ate it. You can slightly see a few of what I think are her organs? we were able to get him away from her and keep her alive for longer, she’s eating, drinking, and standing but she’s still in pain and she’s very wobbly. her organs are still showing and i don’t know what To do or put on it, does anyone please have any advice? I can’t take her to the vet, so does anyone have any at-home remedies? Does anyone know if she will live? Please tell me, I need an answer.

Welcome to BYC! Can you post a thread in the Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures with pictures added? That way the most knowledgeable people will be able to help you.

For now, I'd separate her from the rest of the flock if you haven't already. Give her some electrolytes or sugar water to help with the shock and give her a boost. Depending on the damage, a saline solution would be good.

I hope your girl gets better. :hugs

Welcome to BYC! Can you post a thread in the Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures with pictures added? That way the most knowledgeable people will be able to help you.

For now, I'd separate her from the rest of the flock if you haven't already. Give her some electrolytes or sugar water to help with the shock and give her a boost. Depending on the damage, a saline solution would be good.

I hope your girl gets better. :hugs
Okay, I will make sure to take photos and add a thread there. Thank you so much For the help and advice! I will be adding a thread to see if anyone will have anymore help or advice for me, thank you so much! ☺️

Sounds like your best bet would be to put her down if you can see her organs : (
Yeah, we could see a few of what I think would be it? I’m not entirely sure, but We gave her some pain meds and treatment and she’s doing a bit better, she started eating and drinking and we want to try to maybe save her before putting her down because it’s kind of hard to just let a pet go like that. If nothing works, we might just have to :(

Welcome to BYC! I am also new here!

I'm not sure what to do about anything related to emergencies, but I will try to help. Which organs exactly are showing?

I hope she survives!

Welcome to BYC! I am also new here!

I'm not sure what to do about anything related to emergencies, but I will try to help. Which organs exactly are showing?

I hope she survives!
I’m not sure which exact organs, but just behind her wing from close to where her leg starts and then up to almost where her “back” starts is where the bite is, and the organs at the very top nearing where her back starts almost at the top of her wing to the side a bit, is where the organs are showing. I’m sorry if I didn’t explain that correctly but I tried as hard as I could! I will reply with an image as soon as I can.

I’m not sure which exact organs, but just behind her wing from close to where her leg starts and then up to almost where her “back” starts is where the bite is, and the organs at the very top nearing where her back starts almost at the top of her wing to the side a bit, is where the organs are showing. I’m sorry if I didn’t explain that correctly but I tried as hard as I could! I will reply with an image as soon as I can.
It's fine! An image should help us a lot.

Sounds like you are seeing muscle and not organs. Pictures will be able to clarify whenever you get them.

Back
Top Bottom