I need some chicken soup...sniff sniff

alaskachick

Songster
9 Years
Jun 13, 2010
Wasilla, Alaska
Anyone get the flu shot this fall/winter? I did, I work in an emergency room in Anchorage,AK so it's a very smart thing to get one. Tons of germs in my air space there, however I am presently very sick with the FLU. I can hardly breathe, my throat is raw and tender, my chest is on fire and I have a headache from hell. Thanks alot flu shot for doing your job...NOT! oh.. forgot to say that my taste buds are dead too. I ate some scrambled eggs today laid by my hens and I might as well have been eating cotton, I could not taste a thing. What a waste of eggs.
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
Awww, sorry to hear youre feeling so bad. I hope you feel better soon.

On a side note- please print this last part, but dont read it till you get out to your coop-

Attention all chickens!! Mommy is not feeling well and is considering *gasp* CHICKEN SOUP!!!!! Everyone be very quiet and well behaved! If you must make any noise, please remember to either say "BAAAAAA, or WOOF WOOF, or MEOW. NO bock bock, ok? STAY incognito, maybe she'll forget the ingrediants for the soup, or in her feverish,delirious state, actually mistake you for other pets. Just till she feels better!

That is all.

gig.gif

I can't even get that shot, I get horribly ill, so have to take my chances.

I feel really bad for you and before I knew what your thread was about was going to let you know I'm making chicken soup right now in the crockpot.

Now I really feel bad, cause I don't think it would get to you in decent shape if I sent you some.

Feel better soon!!

Not sure what DH and I have...cold or flu, but we feel crummy. Just made a huge batch of chicken noodle soup with LOTS of pepper. Being sick sucks!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom