I need some help... :)

Chopsticks work for everything!

Most of my hens see the chopsticks and come running. If I don't watch it, they'll go rooting around in the container for the worms by themselves.

Oh, I want a tarantula! I just don't want to touch one. Perfectly fine behind the glass, but I know eventually, it's cage will need to get cleaned. Then I'll have a problem.

Quote:
Well, only some tarantulas bite. (species matters!) My tarantula is perfectly peaceful and the only maintenence is to remove prey remains, refill water, and remove any mold. I guess yearly it is a good idea to change the bedding stuff. I need some disposable chopsticks!q

Definitely get wooden disposable ones from a Chinese restaurant. Plastic ones are too slippery for worms or food. Haha!

Long tweezers like Rob the Tarantula guy on Youtube uses to feed roaches to his pets would work if you aren't good at using chopsticks.

Quote:
lol sure
big_smile.png

Edit: Btw, does anyone know what the difference is between English whites and wild-type? Are they bigger, smaller, or just different colors??? I'm basically looking for a SMALL SOCIAL pet bird that requires about 1 shelf of a bookshelf (most birds need a tall cage), is easy to feed, and is cheap. Quail seem to be the best choice here, and they give eggs and they're sweet sometimes.
edit 2: im having no luck with quail...
sad.png
Foo Foo has lost balance, no injuries i can see, but poops are liquidy at first then dry up and are the color of lightish cream with spots of green and kind of a clear casing thing
he.gif
Finches it is
rant.gif
and also
ya.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I asked and my mom just said "really?" and went running. So probly sooner or later. But the quail looks to have a problem...
sad.png
I think fully grown birds would be easier
smile.png
But I love the idea of pet quail so much! I just really want them. Maybe I'll try again in a few months. But I'll order from your website btw. It looks great!
Can anyone answer the English whites question? Button quail are delicate and nervous but coturnix (except mine) are calm! (mostly).

Adults still need the proper feed to lay eggs and be healthy. You really need to show your mom the info on the birds so she understands as well.

I'm probly gonna put this quail on a farm somewhere once it's older (5 or 6 weeks? (also, i will get the feed ASAP) and try again. And email my mom tons of info (will only listen to cold hard facts.)
big_smile.png
. thank you!

English whites are essentially just a color variety of coturnix. They can be bigger or smaller than wild type. Just depends on the individual and the bloodline.

Quote:
Ah thanks for clearing that up
smile.png
oh, and Foo Foo LOVES the mealworms. I got a Can O' Worms from petco and I feed with chopsticks so no toe eating I guess (yet). Thank you guys!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom