i need some tips on dubbing my oeg bantam

We always rub some Prep H on the comb & wattles right down to the base and wait a couple of minutes before we use the dubbing shears. Don't cut too much off at one time...you can't get it back...start off about where you want to go with it and do one swift cut. The Prep H seems to cut down on the bleeding. Hold a cold towel on the comb and wattle area for a litle bit and then put some antibiotic salve on both places. It was kind of scary for us the first time, but my husband and I make it a "team" effort. I hold the bird while he dubs. Unfortunately if you want to show that bird, you have to dub it. If you aren't going to show, don't worry about doing it!
smile.png

If you can see it there is a line in the comb.We cut just above it from front to back.cut the rear blade off straight down,you will have a point on the back.just round it off. next pull the wattles down and trim them as close as you can.then get the ear lobes.you can get more information at the old english game bantam club of america site.hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom