I need to give up 2 of my roosters. I have: lavender orpington, french black copper marans, serama,

soler

Songster
7 Years
May 1, 2012
Long Island, NY
I am located in Long Island, NY.

these roosters were hatched between april and july 2012, all beautiful, vaccinated for Marek's, infectious bronchitis, fowl pox and were wormed last 3 months ago. They have been hand raised with love, and are allowed to free range with the girls. All are pure bred except for the RIR. I need to get down to three as i don't have enough hens for all these boys.

photos of Henry, the lavender orpington:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/i/5372804/a/6302804/ornamental-orpington/sort/display_order/

photos of henry the 2nd, the black tailed buff japanese bantam:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/a/6302797/ornamental-japanese-bantam/

colonel wentworth, the serama:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/a/6302803/ornamental-serama/

I don't have photos of the marans or the RIR loaded, but i can get some if interested. The marans is really nice and came from a breeder that only breeds marans. He's very mellow, for a big rooster.

many thanks.

would love to see a picture of your marans fella. I have a mixed fbc marans roo, lost his dad a while back....wonderful sweet birds. And BIG Love them and their gorgeous eggs.

also want to add how GORGEOUS your lav roo is!!!!

Last edited:
The Serama is absolutely stunning!!! Wow, I sure would love to homehim but I am in SC and you probably dont want to be bother shipping him- I would of course pay the fee. He is awesome.

i have been really lazy about taking new photos! will snap him this weekend, he's a good looking guy, and super mellow. My hen, that comes from the same batch, is making nice dark eggs. Will take some of her too.

Thanks - i love the orpington. I don't really want to give away any of them! but some of the hens are just getting battered with so many boys.

I rotate my roosters...lol works out pretty good actually. They even seem to know when it is their day off. Do you have plenty of space? Do you keep them penned or free ranging? I have five roosters at the moment. Two of my youngest ones are in a bachelor pad - they get along good it seems but are up for adoption lol. I have my fbc mix and a cuckoo splash mix that take turns free ranging with the respectful youngest roo. He stays out of the way and even does well in the coop with whoever is roaming with the girls that day.

i let them free range, but i also have a large pen divided in 3 areas - so i could separate them - that is not a bad idea at all!

yay!

at least you can give it a try and see how it works for you. I'm so glad!!! I have a large dog kennel inside the coop for the dominant roo who is taking the day off. The one in the kennel seems to enjoy all the coming and going and egg laying during the morning. I also have a couple of pens outside that I will put one in during the day when the weather is good. And if I feel bad for an anxious roo I might throw some scratch and lure a hen that is less heckled into the pen with him for a short "visit" lol. I just adore my roos. And I'd LOVE to have your lavender and your black copper. So please, don't let me. lol.

roll.png
you can? lol....

roll.png
you can? lol....
so i put Darcy in solitary today... a nice big pen with his own coop. He looks pretty lonely...

here is Dr No, the black copper marans:

i had another one that has more copper on the saddle feathers and was very handsome, but this one had better temperament. Even the serama is above him on the rooster scale!

Back
Top Bottom