I need your opinions.Are they boys or girl silkies???

michellelei1

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 24, 2008
Brockton, MA
Here are my 3 babies. I ordered them sexed as girls from my pet chicken although I realize it's not always correct. They are approx. 14 weeks old. I'm really hoping they are truly girls cause I can't have any roo's in the city.

17603_chickens_079.jpg

17603_chickens_082.jpg

17603_chickens_080.jpg

17603_chickens_080.jpg

17603_chickens_080.jpg

17603_chickens_081.jpg

They all started doing the bawk bawking sometimes. I haven't heard any crowing yet.
The black one is real sweet. Her name is Miss Wobbles.

The white one is scared of everything but likes to pick on the tan one. Her name is Lily (hopefully it wont be Mr. Lily)

The tan one I'm a bit confused on. Her name is Delilah and she has four toes. She hasn't started to grow any wattles or comb yet. The black and white ones have started growing the wattles and combs. She definately doesn't look like the other two. Do you think she's a mix or is she still a silkie? Any opinions on the sex of these guys would be helpful? Thanks!

Last edited:
I think the white one is a roo
sad.png
The black one doesn't have as big a comb as the white one, but it is wide... The tan one I can't really see very well... I wouldn't rush to any conclusions though. Easiest way is to wait for an egg or a crow
smile.png

I've been kind of worried that the white one was a boy. I change my mind everyday about the black one.
What are my chances of a non crowing rooster? LOL
tongue.png

Thanks for your opinions. I was really hoping that I was imagining the white one was a boy.
My kids are going to be very upset. We can't keep any roosters (unless by some miracle they didn't crow, lol).
Any ideas about the tan one. I don't know if it's buff or red. I ordered both but one died. It also has only 4 toes not 5. Does it look like a full silkie or mix? Anyone?
A
Here are some more pictures of my babies.
My baby Lily (or Mr. Lily:(
17603_chickens_085.jpg

Here is Delilah.
17603_chickens_083.jpg

And here's Miss Wobbles
17603_chickens_084.jpg

I'm so sad right now. So much for paying extra to have them sexed.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom