I placed my order to Ideal!

chickenfever

Songster
11 Years
Jul 22, 2008
Arizona
I just placed my order from Ideal. Cochins, Ideal 236's, EE's, Cuckoo Marans, Delawares, red sex links. 18 total, hope they don't have to add male chicks.
jumpy.gif

I just got 20 chicks from them. I called them to make sure they were not sending males. They added another one of those straw pads (they ship them on) to the side of the box, which made the box smaller and warmer. All of mine made it. But I lost one, because she wouldn't eat? She was so weak, it was really sad (for me).

The Ideal 236 are crazy little things. They have been bouncing all over the place, since they arrived. Now they are trying to fly, they run the feeder like it is a flightline
lol.png
. They are only a week old!

Before these chicks, I'd only raised a straight run of Dominiques (6 male/6 female) and whatever male Buffs they sent me. Is it just me or do the males seem restless from the beginning? Now, with all girls in the brooder they seem so much more relaxed than my last chicks. I also have 5 guineas in with them, but they don't bug the chicks. Oh yeah, I also have red heat lamps on them. That makes a big difference. A few of my Dominiques got cataracts, either from the white light or the others pecking them. So far I haven't had any problems with the red lamp.

jumpy.gif
Enjoy your new chicks! When do you get them?

I'll be interested to see when my replacements get sent. Last batch didn't really make it due to poor USPS handling. I could get a call any morning now. Nice to know it's at 7am... always home then. This way I don't have to sit around waiting like a hen to see when they get here. Don't forget to post photos of the cutie pies when they come!

Whenever mine do get here- there will be about 15 packing peanuts if anyone in my vicinity is interested. We're in Pueblo W, 40 minutes south of Col. Springs. PM or email me to let me know.
jumpy.gif

They have already emailed me, same day as order placed, and given me a shipment date of March 4th. I think the Cochins held my order up a little bit. But, that's Ok. It will give me a little time to prepare for 18 chicks(or more).
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom