I quit smoking

Awesome! My hubby quit when a pack of cigarettes hit 89 cents a pack. That's was long ago. I just recently spoke with an elderly gentleman who said he tried to quit several times. And even went to a doctor to get a prescription(he didn't remember what it was) at one time. He never filled the prescription because it was over a hundred dollars. He said he simply put down his last cigarette and walked away. He did admit, though, that he would never dare pick one up because even after 40 years he's afraid he'd never stop.

Just think of all the money you'll be saving!

I smoked a pack a day for 10 years an quit when I was 24. I turn 35 in 7 days. Still crave one every now an then and know I would not be able to stop if I did.

I quit using the patches an $$$ in peppermints.

Not long after I quit my best friend growing up found out he had cancer. Sorta odd. He came by right after I quit talking about how he needed to. How his chest was hurting him. Then he finds out he has bone marrow cancer which eventually kills him.

FYI, I remember hitting a wall about 2 weeks in. It took me 3 tries before I made it over that 2 week in wall. At about 3 weeks I was good. The patches were done at the end of week 3 an that made week 4 hard to but not as bad as week 2. By week 5 it was about like resisting a cheeseburger craving...

Thank you everyone for the support!! I am sure I will re-read all your posts many times over the next month or so! I havent told my family, except hubby, that I am quitting. I really just didnt want to worry about disappointing them if I failed AGAIN. The e-cig is really helping me, I wish I had had it the last time I tried quitting..think I would have been successful then. i really want to be one of those people who say, "yeah, I used to smoke, but I quit!"
Thank you all again for the support!!! It means a lot!
Day 4-still going strong!!

That's great...keep up the good work! I have never smoked, but my husband quit 1 month ago. He has stopped coughing and his breathing has improved. He said the second week was the toughest, and of course still has the cravings from time to time. The important thing is he hasn't given in to cravings and has now joined the gym, which has helped channel the cravings into something positive. I know it's hard, but you can do it, and you can still say you have quit, because you have.
thumbsup.gif

TTracy, I quit chewing leaf tobacco 15 years ago - harder by far than quitting drinking for me. I bet I tried a dozen times before I got nicotine free - actually took a promise to my wife to give me the resolution needed. You are doing great, and you can do this. One of my friends who gave me a good razzing when I quit is now being treated for throat cancer. Tobacco is bad stuff in so many ways. Stay strong. I think that there are on line 'help' groups that can give support. I know that my SIL used one when he quit 'dipping'. Anyway, we are all here and just a PM away if you need us.

That is great!
yesss.gif

A friend told me today that she has started back. She had a difficult week and caved in.
I have heard that it is more addictive and harder to quit than heroin.
She was feeling down on herself and I told her that it is not a failure, it is just a set back. Renew your resolve and get back on the wagon.
I think it takes a lot of character to change. Just look at sourland. He's quite a character.
wink.png

Good luck and keep us posted.
Byc-ians are fantastic cheerleaders!
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies! Day 5 is done and I am still on track!
I always wondered why, when they have rehab for everything, but none for smoking/tobacco?
I would be a great candidate to lock in a padded cell for 28 days!!!!
tongue.png

That is kind of how I feel about weight loss. Lock me in a room with nothing to do but an elliptical, some water and slide thin food under the door .Let me out when I am fit.
hey... maybe we have a start up company here? or something criminal... it's a fine line.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom