I think I like this raw diet thing!

kari_dawn

Songster
10 Years
Nov 2, 2009
North Texas
And so does Bacardi! I have noticed that his eye stains have noteably improved, and he LOVES the food too! This is what his eyes looked like before....I have been battling the ugly, wet eye stains for a long time.

Now, his eyes are not weepy like they were...they are much dryer now, and the dark, almost black rust colored stains have faded to more of a pinkish color, and diminished in size...I am hoping that continued raw feeding will eventually eliminate them all together.

Okay, so I tried to find a before picture with similar lighting, but couldn't find one...hopefully you get the idea from the comparison shots though! Bacardi also has siezures on rare occasion...I have not seen one yet since switching him to raw, but they were so infrequent anyway only time will tell.

Last edited:
He's so adorable! He looks like Falcor the Luck Dragon!
Isn't it great how well they take to it?
I've been feeding raw for about 5 years now to my 4 dogs & also my weasel. The raw meat has done so well for my little chihuahua that has immune issues & my basset that has digestive & liver issues. My weasel is so healthy compared to my last one that was fed Marshal Farms kibbles.
We have had no problems since feeding raw!
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
He does look way better. I should try it with my dog.He is constantly itching no matter what food I give him-dry,canned,or homemade cooked.Maybe raw is his ticket.

That's what was wrong with my little chihuahua. I have had him since he was 3 weeks old & he had always had skin issues,bald spots,itchy,flakey skin. I have spent so much money for skin scrapings & trying to find what was wrong with him. Then I just started looking in to raw diets & trying that route & it helped him. Now he has more fur grown in & no more itchies!

Last edited:
I still can't get Bacardi to chew on whole big pieces of raw chicken...he is very dainty (as I am sure you can tell from his pictures
roll.png
what a princess). He doesn't like mud, and will walk WELL around it to avoid getting it on his toes...same thing for water. He does not like to get dirty...how I ended up with such a priss for a dog I will never know...I tried to take him camping once, and he sat on the air mattress and glared at me the whole trip (kinda like his expression in the first picture...I woke him up to take it lol).

He doesn't even like big toys...his favorite things to play with are pen caps, chapstick, and cotton swabs...

He just does not like the sliminess of chicken...he will eat it frozen, but then he can only knaw on it a bit, and never gets down to the bone...and whole chicken bones are very tough for him...he can't seem to break them up enough to really eat them...I have gone to chopping a chicken leg up pretty fine so he can eat the bone pieces...he is four pounds, and his mouth is pretty small...he can't pick up a tennis ball...any suggestions? I kinda think chopping up the food kinda defeats the purpose a little...

Last edited:
Bacardi is a 6 year old long haired chihuahua. I am trying to get him to eat raw bones because when feeding raw, it is important to make sure he gets all the components he needs for a nutritionally complete diet. This includes muscle meat, organ meat, and bone. While cooked bones tend to be unsafe to feed, raw bones are safe, and an integral part of feeding raw.

Last edited:
We have a little black Pomeranian Papillon mix. I was wondering if yours was the same. I guess the cooked chicken bones splinter whereas the raw kind of crush up. Makes sense about them getting all the components of raw. Your Bacardi looks healthy and good. Cute little guy!

nope, no papillon or pom here! Thanks. Even though I call him a princess and say he acts like a priss, he really is a good dog. Very obedient, devoted, and loving.

Back
Top Bottom